Science and Technology Entry Program for Students in Grades 7 to 12
It’s never too early to think about college.
Fordham STEP is an academic enrichment program for underrepresented minority and economically disadvantaged students in junior high and high school.
As a STEP scholar, you’ll receive preparation for college and careers in STEM-related fields (science, technology, engineering, and math) and other licensed professions, like medicine and law.
- Classes take place after school and/or on Saturdays during the academic year.
- Scholars participate in a five-week, full-time summer program in July.
- Classes are held at Fordham's Rose Hill campus in the Bronx, our Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, and at local school sites.
- STEP students enjoy access to all that Fordham’s campuses have to offer, such as science labs and our recreational facilities.
- Classes are taught by Fordham faculty and graduate students, as well as teachers from area high schools.
- STEP students make lasting friendships with like-minded peers.
- STEP students experience a smooth transition to the CSTEP program at Fordham and other colleges with CSTEP programs in New York state.
STEP Fall 2019 Program
We are currently accepting applications from rising 7th through 12th graders until September 15th for our fall program that is held on Saturdays. Applications are available here.
Dates: Saturday, October 5th through Saturday, December 14th
Time: 8:45 AM to 1:30 PM