Science and Technology Entry Program for Students in Grades 7 to 12
It’s never too early to think about college.
Fordham STEP is an academic enrichment program for underrepresented minority and economically disadvantaged students in junior high and high school.
As a STEP scholar, you’ll receive preparation for college and careers in STEM-related fields (science, technology, engineering, and math) and other licensed professions, like medicine and law.
- Classes take place after school and/or on Saturdays during the academic year.
- Scholars participate in a five-week, full-time summer program in July.
- Classes are held at Fordham's Rose Hill campus in the Bronx, our Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, and at local school sites.
- STEP students enjoy access to all that Fordham’s campuses have to offer, such as science labs and our recreational facilities.
- Classes are taught by Fordham faculty and graduate students, as well as teachers from area high schools.
- STEP students make lasting friendships with like-minded peers.
- STEP students experience a smooth transition to the CSTEP program at Fordham and other colleges with CSTEP programs in New York state.