This complex is composed of three sections named after the 17th-century Jesuit Martyrs of North America: Saint Isaac Jogues, Saint John LaLande, and Saint Rene Goupil. Martyrs’ Court is divided into two residence halls: Martyrs’ Court: LaLande/Goupil and Martyrs’ Court: Jogues. The halls house primarily first-year students in double and triple rooms. Select singles are reserved for upperclassmen.
Martyrs’ Court is located on the west-end of the campus and overlooks Martyrs’ Lawn, one of the many green spaces on Fordham University’s Rose Hill campus.
Rates are for the nine-month academic year and include all utilities, cable television, telephone service, laundry, and membership to the Lombardi Fitness Center. Meal plan options and rates are available. These rates do not include the residence hall activity fee. Room configurations and rates are subject to change.
See the current room rates for Martyrs' Court. Room configurations and rates are subject to change.
All residents in this dormitory are required to have a meal plan.
Move-in dates vary, please see Important Dates for more information.
Martyrs' Court History
Built in 1951, this residence hall complex honors the memory of Saints Isaac Jogues, S.J., Rene Goupil, S.J. and Jean LaLande, three of the Jesuit Martyrs of North America. (Saint Isaac Jogues was a Jesuit priest. Saint Rene Goupil was a Jesuit brother, and Saint Jean LaLande was a lay volunteer who accompanied Saint Isaac Jogues on his second missionary journey to the area around Albany, New York.) They were martyred in the Iroquois village of Ossernenon (now Auriesville, New York) between 1642 and 1646. Their feast day is observed on 19 October. Originally a complex of 7 houses with entrances on both lawn and street-facing sides, Martyrs' Court was renovated for first year student occupancy in the late 1990s and features a south facing central tower and clock face and several cut-stone ram's head ornaments around the building exterior.