Skip to main content

Update Your Address (for International Students)

One of the requirements for maintaining your legal status is to maintain an updated local address. If you live in on-campus housing, your local address will be automatically entered into the University database. However, if you do not live in campus housing, we will not know your address unless you tell us.

Any time your local address changes, you must notify us within 10 days.

Domestic students: please find information about changing your address on the Registrar's website.

Ways You Can Update Your Address

  1. Through your account:
    • Log in to
    • Select the Student tab on the top left
    • Select the Information folder in the My Information box
    • Select Update Addresses and Phones
    • Under the Type of Address to Insert, select “Non-University Local Address” to enter a US address, or “Permanent Address” to enter a new home address outside the US
  2. Complete a Change of Address form and submit it to the OIS
  3. If you are not able to update your address following the steps above, please email your new address to us at Make sure to include you’re A# in the email.

Address Types

Permanent Address
Current address in home country – where you sleep when you leave the United States to ‘visit home’

Non-University Local Address
Current US local address – this is where you sleep at night!

Address where you want any bills mailed to

Address where you want all correspondence/mail from the University mailed to

Note: as an F-1 or J-1, your permanent address must always be outside the US.