Master of Arts in Ethics and Society
At the Forefront of Moral Debate
From bioethics to business, from the courtroom to Congress, the need for ethical decision-making has never been greater. At Fordham, our Ethics and Society master’s program will provide you with the tools for critical and compassionate engagement with the most pressing moral, social, political and environmental issues of our time.
Integrity in Action
Our students are change agents embarking on careers in medicine, public health, law, business, science and the non-profit sector as paths to making the world a better place.
Our interdisciplinary approach will expose you to diverse perspectives from faculty experts on topics including moral philosophy, moral theology, ethics in the health professions, research ethics and environmental justice. Grounded in the Jesuit tradition of intellectual excellence and social justice, graduates of our program work to create a caring, just and ethical world.
- Opportunity to network with faculty, alumni, and ethics professionals
- A field practicum that allows you to work with leaders across a broad range of professions
- Exposure to renowned national and international scholars, policy makers and business and media leaders through Center for Ethics Education events
- Can be completed in one year
- Part-time study and evening classes available
- Curriculum requires 10 courses—two in cross-disciplinary ethics and society, two in moral philosophy, two in moral theology, two in social and natural sciences and two electives—for a total of 30 credits.
- Opportunities to tailor curriculum and align electives to your interests and goals
- Practicum sites include United Nations-affiliated Global Bioethics Initiative, St. Barnabas Hospital, Harlem United, Families and Work Institute and the National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership
Our program has given alumni a competitive edge in admission to professional schools in medicine and law, as well as doctoral programs in the humanities and sciences.
They have also found success in a variety of careers:
- Healthcare and bioethics
- Law and legal study
- Ethics compliance and regulation
- Research and public policy
- Nonprofits and social justice
Learn more about careers in ethics.