Parents' Leadership Council
The Parents’ Leadership Council (PLC) is comprised of a select group of parent volunteers who together play a leadership role at Fordham University. PLC members are University ambassadors, representing Fordham through a variety of outreach and development activities. Members attend two meetings, one at Family Weekend in the fall and one in the spring. At these meetings, council members learn about the latest University initiatives and provide feedback to administrators. Each PLC member (or couple) makes an annual gift to the University. When possible, Council members facilitate employment - related opportunities for qualified Fordham students and graduates.
- Share the University’s mission and values; encourage families you know to apply.
- Attend and/or host Fordham receptions, dinners, lectures, and other gatherings in your community that are attended by alumni and interested students and families.
- Serve as parent ambassadors at welcome receptions for both prospective and admitted families in your area.
- Help identify career opportunities for students and graduates, from shadowing and internship positions to employment.
- Mentor current students, helping them translate their academic success into career development.
- Leverage corporate relationships to create enhanced opportunities for students.
- Make a minimum annual gift of $5,000 and consider a major contribution during or after tenure on the council.
- Identify families who might be able and willing to support Fordham University.
Terms and Time Commitment
- Membership is renewable each year
- Attend two meetings during each academic year
- Dedicate 4 - 5 hours per semester to PLC outreach and events
- Recognition of your annual gift of $5,000 or more in Fordham’s Review of Gifts and Benefactors.
- When making your gift of $5,000, please advise if you would like $2,000 to be applied toward two tickets to the Fordham Founder's Award Dinner on Monday, 19 March 2018 at Cipriani Wall Street, NYC. This annual black tie event benefits the Fordham Founder's Undergraduate Scholarship Fund.
- Exclusive invitations to events on campus and in your local community.
- Complimentary tickets to cultural exhibitions and athletic events.
- Meet campus leaders and trustees at PLC meetings and the VIP reception at the Fordham Founder's Dinner.
- Invitation to the annual President’s Club reception.
- Honored seating and special participation at Commencement, May 19, 2018