GSAS Early Admissions Program
Seeking advanced graduate study that will allow you to complete your master’s degree in one year?
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) Early Admissions (EA) Program is available to current Fordham College Rose Hill (FCRH), Fordham College Lincoln Center (FCLC), Fordham School of Professional Continuing Studies (PCS), and Gabelli School of Business (GSB) undergraduates.
The program allows exceptional students (primarily juniors or the equivalent) to complete a master's degree with one additional year of study beyond the bachelor's degree.
Upon being accepted into the program, you will begin taking graduate courses during your senior year. Your EA courses will be counted simultaneously toward the completion of your bachelor’s degree and your master’s degree.
The EA option also provides you with advanced training that will enrich your undergraduate experience and develop advanced, in-depth academic knowledge and professional competencies.
The following GSAS degree programs welcome applications from EA candidates:
|Master of Arts (M.A.)||Master of Science (M.S.)|
|Catholic Theology||Applied Psychological Methods|
|Elections and Campaign Management||Computer Science|
|Ethics and Society||Data Analytics|
|Global History||Humanitarian Studies|
|Public Media (begins fall 2019)|
Early Admissions Program Requirements
- You must have completed at least 90 credits to begin the program.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 to apply to all programs except biological sciences, English, and philosophy (a higher major/cumulative GPA may be required for these programs).
- Submit your application online, and be sure to include the following:
- Updated Resume
- Letters of recommendation
- Official Fordham transcript (request this online from Enrollment Services, or through the Student tab in Banner Self-Service on my.fordham.edu). Please request that your transcript be sent to email@example.com as soon as possible
- Statement of intent (if required by your program of interest)
- Writing sample (if required by your program of interest)
Advantages of the Early Admissions Program
- Gain advanced training that enriches your undergraduate experience, helping you develop in-depth academic knowledge and professional competencies.
- Save up to 30 percent on graduate tuition.
- GSAS will designate up to 3 graduate-level courses (as determined by the program) taken during senior year to count toward both your bachelor's and master's degrees.
- Your GSAS application fee is waived.
- You do not need to take the GRE to be eligible.
To confirm your eligibility prior to applying or if you have additional questions, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies in your program of interest, or contact GSAS Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-817-4416.
For more information on Early Admissions, please consult the GSAS Academic Policies and Procedures Guidebook.