GSAS Accelerated Master's Programs
Earn your master’s degree with only one year of study beyond your bachelor’s degree.
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) Accelerated Master’s Programs are available to current Fordham College Rose Hill (FCRH), Fordham College Lincoln Center (FCLC), Fordham School of Professional Continuing Studies (PCS), and Gabelli School of Business (GSB) undergraduates.
Qualified Fordham juniors may apply for the accelerated master’s in select GSAS programs. The accelerated master’s program allows exceptional students to follow a plan to complete both their bachelor’s and master’s in a total of five years (4+1). Fordham undergraduate students apply during their junior (or equivalent) year, and if admitted to the accelerated program, they are eligible to take up to three graduate-level courses in their senior year which will count toward both the bachelor’s and the master’s degree. No more than three (3) graduate courses, in total, may be taken during senior year. Upon graduation with their bachelor's degree, students can then complete the M.A. or M.S. degree in one year.
The following accelerated master’s programs welcome applications from eligible candidates:
|Master of Arts (M.A.)||Master of Science (M.S.)|
|Catholic Theology||Applied Psychological Methods|
|Ethics and Society||Cybersecurity|
|Global History||Data Science|
Accelerated Master’s Programs Requirements
- You must have completed at least 90 credits to begin the program.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 to apply to all programs except biological sciences, English, and philosophy (a higher major/cumulative GPA may be required for these programs).
- Submit your application online, and be sure to include all of the following:
- Updated resume
- Letters of recommendation
- Official Fordham transcript (request this online from Enrollment Services, or through the Student tab in Banner Self-Service on my.fordham.edu). Please request that your transcript be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
- Statement of intent (if required by your program of interest)
- Writing sample (if required by your program of interest)
Advantages of Accelerated Master’s Programs
- Gain advanced training that enriches your undergraduate experience, helping you develop in-depth academic knowledge and professional competencies.
- Save up to 30 percent on graduate tuition.
- GSAS will designate up to 3 graduate-level courses (as determined by the program) taken during senior year to count toward both your bachelor's and master's degrees.
- Your GSAS application fee is waived.
- You do not need to take the GRE to be eligible.
To confirm your eligibility prior to applying or if you have additional questions, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies or Program Director in your program of interest, or contact GSAS admissions, at email@example.com or 718-817-4416.