GSAS Early Admissions Program
Seeking advanced graduate study that will allow you to complete your master’s degree in one year?
The Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS) Early Admissions (EA) Program is available to current Fordham undergraduates.
The program allows exceptional students (primarily juniors or the equivalent) to complete a master's degree with one additional year of study beyond the bachelor's degree.
Upon being accepted into the program, you will begin taking graduate courses during your senior year. Your EA courses will be counted simultaneously toward the completion of your bachelor’s degree and your master’s degree.
The EA option also provides you with advanced training that will enrich your undergraduate experience and develop advanced, in-depth academic knowledge and professional competencies.
The following GSAS degree programs welcome applications from EA candidates:
- M.S. in Applied Psychological Methods
- M.S. in Biological Sciences
- M.S. in Computer Science
- M.S. in Cybersecurity
- M.S. in Data Analytics
- M.A. in Economics
- M.A. in Elections and Campaign Management
- M.A. in English
- M.A. in Ethics and Society
- M.A. in History
- M.A. in Philosophy
- M.A. in Theology
- M.A. in Urban Studies
EA Program Requirements
- You must have completed at least 90 credits to begin the program.
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 to apply to all programs except Biological Sciences, English, and Philosophy (a higher major/cumulative GPA may be required for these programs).
- Submit your application online, and be sure to include all of the following information/documentation:
- a 500 word statement of intent
- an updated copy of your resume
- a 5-7 page writing sample (required for all programs except Biological Sciences, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, and Economics)
- 2 letters of recommendation (register the name and email address for each of your recommenders as soon as you begin your on-line application)
- your official Fordham transcript (request this online from Enrollment Services, or through the Student tab in Banner Self-Service on my.fordham.edu). Please request that your transcript be sent to GSAS Admissions, Keating 216 as soon as possible.
Advantages of Applying to the Early Admission Program
- Your GSAS application fee is waived.
- You do not need to take the GRE to be eligible.
- Fordham will designate up to 3 graduate-level EA courses (as determined by the program) taken during senior year to count for both your bachelor's and master's degrees.
To confirm your eligibility prior to applying or if you have additional questions, please contact the Director of Graduate Studies in your program of interest, or contact the GSAS Director of Admissions, Bernadette Valentino-Morrison.
For more information on Early Admission, please consult the GSAS Policies and Procedures Guidebook.