Purchase Order Exceptions
The following transactions do not require a Purchase Order, regardless of the amount of the purchase.
Use a Check Request:
- Advertising (i.e., media time or space ad agencies).
- Construction contracts administered by the appropriate Vice President.
- Dinner parties and social events.
- Dues and subscriptions.
- Independent Contractors (See Special Section on Independent Contractors).
- Library purchases of books and periodicals.
- Licenses and permits.
- Professional and Personal Services (i.e., legal, architectural, accounting and other consulting).
- Publications and reprint fees to copyright holders.
- Space (Leases).
- Space (Rentals).
- Travel (See the Travel Policy).
- Utility payments (i.e., telephone, electric, natural gas, city steam, etc.).