Printing at Fordham
For Students, Faculty, Staff, Guests
A networked, multi-function device print platform available in departments, residence halls, and the library. It reduces costs by limiting the need for personal desktop printers, fax machines, hallway copiers, and scanners.
Faculty and staff use Canon printers. Students and Guests use Pharos printers.
Select the appropriate tab below to find a printing solution that works for you:
The Canon Uniflow platform provides printing, scanning, faxing, and copying services for faculty and administrators. Pharos print services are also available to faculty on a request basis. Contact the IT Service Desk for details.
Department administrators set up faculty and staff in Uniflow at the beginning of the academic year. Personnel may request print privileges at any time during the year. To make a request, log in to fordham.edu > My Pages > Tech Help.
Ask your department administrator for instructions to print, copy, scan, and fax.
How to Print
- Open the file you wish to print and select print.
- Choose Canon Secure Print.
- Go to a Canon MFD machine
- Log in with your ID card, find your job and request to print
- Your account is charged only after the print request is complete
If you are not on campus, send an email to [email protected] from your Fordham email. You can print the job from a Canon MFD when you get to campus.
Canceling a job
- Unprinted jobs are canceled by the system at the end of the day
- You may cancel your print jobs at any time prior to printing.
- You will not be charged for a canceled print job
Students and guests use the Pharos print solution for printing documents with the most common file extensions.
2. Access or create your document using computers based in the libraries and labs and send it directly to Pharos for print.
To print your document, go to a Pharos print, find your job, and select print.
Create and fund Pharos accounts through the portal using the PayPal feature.
Black and white: $.05 cents
Color pages: $.25 cents
You are charged only for the jobs that you actually print.
Active students receive $5 (some students may receive additional funds from their schools) credit from the Office of Information Technology at the beginning of each school year. To initiate the $5 credit, just swipe for the first time at any print station. Credit good for 1 academic year.
Walsh Library, first floor: Computer Lab 108B and Reference Room
Keating Hall, Language Lab Rm B25
JMCC Commuter Lounge, 1st Floor
Alumni Court South - 1st Fl Lounge
Campbell - Lobby Desk
Faber - Basement Lounge
Finlay - 1st Fl Lounge
Loschert - 1st Fl Lounge
Loyola - 1st Fl Lounge
Martyrs' Court Jogues - 1st Fl Lounge
Martyrs' Court Goupil/LaLande - 2nd Fl Lounge
O'Hare - 1st Fl Lounge
Queens - Basement Lounge
Salice/Conley - Lobby Desk
Tierney - 1st Fl Lounge
Quinn Library, 1st floor: Across from the Staircase
Quinn Library, 2nd floor: Computer Area
Lowenstein, third floor, 304, 306, 308
Language Lab, LL412
Westchester Library: Main floor: Reference Room and Computer Lab: WC 217 and WC 220
To set up an account with Pharos and deposit funds to pay for print services, go to the Pharos Print portal at remoteprint.fordham.edu/myprintcenter. Or, log in to fordham.edu > My Apps > Utilities & Tools > Pharos Pay for Print.
When you select "Add funds" in the portal, you will be directed to a PayPal login (it's helpful to establish a PayPal account in advance). Funds are deposited into your Pharos Print account via PayPal. Alternatively, you can select to pay with a credit or debit card through your PayPal account (this is the preferred method of payment).
Temporary guest accounts may also be created.
Libraries and Labs
To print a file from a desktop computer in the libraries and labs, go to the print command or dialogue box (in a Word or Google Doc, for example, you’d select “File > Print”) and then select the option “Print to Pharos.” The print job will be sent to and held in the Pharos database until you log in to a Pharos workstation and opt to print or delete the job (unprinted jobs are automatically deleted after 10 hours).
Save the document locally on your own computer or a University desktop and then email the document as an attachment to [email protected] (file not to exceed 50 MB in size). Print at any print station.
Save the file locally and upload it to the Pharos Remote Print portal. Printing options are available there. Print at any print station.
Get the “Pharos Print” app for IOS/Android. Log in using your Fordham username and password or register as a guest. Print at any print station.
Best practices for using Pharos
- Print requests must come from your Fordham email address or a guest Pharos account.
- The following types of file formats can be printed by Pharos: Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, Images, Text (CSV, RTF, and TXT), and Visio.
- Email your document as an attachment (not to exceed 50MB in size).
- More than one attachment may be sent in a single email.
- Logos, signatures, and pictures will print on separate pages. These items should be deleted prior to printing.
- Black and white is the default print setting. Request color and double-sided printing at the Pharos Print portal.
- Files may take a few minutes to appear in the print database after being uploaded or emailed.
- Are you printing from Google drive? Download the file and open it in a non-browser program such as Word or Adobe Reader. You can't print by sharing [email protected] via your Google Drive.
Add the Pharos Print app to your smartphone
Configure the app with the following information:
Server Address = remoteprint.fordham.edu
Server Port = 443
Printing with the Pharos Print app
Log in to the app using your Fordham credentials.
Upload a document to print.
Select a document to print.
Wake the printer if in sleep mode by hitting “OK” or any key on the keypad.
Select the QR scan icon in the Pharos Print app on the upper right.
Scan the QR code on the printer using your smartphone camera. The job will print shortly.