For Faculty, Staff
Fordham's Unified Communications includes intercampus, local and long-distance calling from desktop phones, faxing, and teleconferencing services. Training for using any part of the system is available on request.
To make an emergency call from your university phone, dial 9 + 911.
For all service requests related to Unified Communications, please contact the IT Service Desk. To route your request to the proper group, the help team may need your extension number and the type of handset you use.
To request RightFax, submit a service request by logging in to fordham.edu > My Pages > Tech Help or call the IT Service Desk.
The options below describe telephone-based conference calls using the Cisco handset or a dial-in service.
Conference Now is available for up to 6 callers (host and 5 guests), and may be used with any phone (including mobile phones). Conference hosts use their 5-digit telephone extension (which is the meeting code) to enable a teleconference call. Hosts must set a PIN for the conference system in advance; this only needs to be done once and must be done on campus.
Access conference bridge
- Internal callers x11599
- External callers 718-817-1599
- Callers will be asked for the meeting code, which is the host's five-digit extension, followed by the pound (#) key
- Conference host will enter their PIN at the prompt
Set or change PIN for the conference system (can only be done while on campus, connected to the Fordham network)
- Go to the Self-Care Portal myphone.fordham.edu and login with your Fordham credentials
- Click on the "General Settings" tab
- Choose the "Phone Services PIN" drop-down menu and change your PIN. The new PIN must be between 1 and 128 numbers long.