OUTLaws create a supportive environment for LGBTQIA+ law students and allies at Fordham University School of Law.
As the LGBTQIA+ organization at the law school, we aim to:
- Assist in the transition of LGBTQIA+ first year and transfer students to the law school.
- Keep students informed about LGBTQIA+ job and internship opportunities in the legal field.
- Educate the law school community about LGBTQIA+ identities and experiences.
- Plan and host social, educational, political, and professional events to bring together the OUTLaws community; provide guidance to current students; encourage interaction with other LGBTQIA+ legal professionals; and promote inter-affinity group collaboration.
- Aid the recruitment and retention of LGBTQIA+ law students and professors.
- Facilitate connections between current OUTLaw members and OUTLaws alumni.
- Engage in political advocacy and community service in support of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Expand OUTLaws’social media presence, such that prospective students can learn about the LGBTQIA+ community at Fordham Law School.
Student Board Members
- Taylor Young-Wells (she/her) President
- Sophie Adelman (she/her) Vice President/Communications
- Alexis Gordon (they/them) Treasurer
- Taylor Veracka (she/her) Secretary
- Vincent Cahill (he/him) Alumni Relations Chair
- Colbey Carpenter (he/him) Development Chair
- Matthew Gordon (he/him) Symposium Chair
- Matthew Winter (he/him) Symposium Chair
- Ryan Lawless (he/him) Events Chair
- Sebastian Vegas (he/him) Events Chair
- Grey Berkowitz (he/they) DEI Representative
- Chantel Mattiola (she/her) Evening Representative
- William Moise (he/him) Political Advocacy and Community Outreach Chair