Meet Your Neighbor - Do a Favor!
One of the best things you can do when you move into a house or apartment is to get to know your neighbor. Remember to think about how your lifestyle and perspective differ from those around you.
When you build positive relationships with your neighbors, everybody wins!
How Do You Start?
- Introduce yourself. Even if you have lived there for a while, it’s better late than never!
- Exchange phone and contact information.
- Always share with your neighbor when you will be having people over and ask that they contact you if there are any concerns.
- Keep it clean! Remember to keep your property, inside and out, free of litter, debris, and trash of any kind.
- Some neighbors are long-term residents. Ask if they can share tips or information about that area.
- Why not bring over cookies as a welcome gift? Have your neighbors over for dinner at your place.
Noisy Neighbors Are Not Nice!
Noise—any sound which annoys or disturbs humans or which causes or tends to cause an adverse psychological or physiological effect on humans.
Be considerate about the noise you make. If you are in an apartment building, switch from your shoes to slippers when you are home. If you are coming home late, be considerate when opening and closing doors.
Noise Disturbance—any sound which either endangers or injures the safety or health of humans or animals, or annoys or disturbs a reasonable person of normal sensitivity or endangers or damages property; same as “UNREASONABLE NOISE.”
Real Property Boundary—an imaginary line along the ground surface, and its vertical extension, which separates the real property owned by another person.