Become a Lincoln Center Student Staff Member
Thank you for your interest and inquiry into the Resident Assistant or First-Year Mentor selection process for the 2023-2024 academic year!
Thank you for interest and inquiry into the Resident Assistant (RA) or Resident First-Year Mentor (RFM) selection process for the 2023-2024 academic year! If you have any questions about this process, please contact Savanah Manos in the Office of Residential Life (ORL) at Jcorcoran26@fordham.edu.
How do I apply?
All interested candidates must attend one of the following information sessions to gain access to the online application. Sessions will be held in person, with one Zoom session for students studying abroad.
- Tuesday, November 29, 5:00-6:00pm
- LL Student Lounge
- Thursday, December 1, 1:00-2:00pm
- McMahon 109
- Thursday, December 8, 1:00-2:00pm
- McMahon 109
Am I eligible for the position?
To be considered for the RA/RFM Role, you must meet the following requirements:
- 2.75 GPA or higher
- Current Fordham student
- Full-time undergraduate or graduate student for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Not studying abroad during either semester of the 2023-2024 academic year
- Able to attend the following mandatory interviews and trainings:
- Group process day: Saturday, February 11, 2023
- April training: TBD*
- Fall training: August*
- In good standing with the university
- Current first-year students are only eligible for the RFM position
- Graduate students are not eligible for the RFM position
- Law students are not eligible for either the RA or the RFM position
*Please understand that these dates are subject to change
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022 at 10:00am
- RA/RFM application and reference submissions begin
- Friday, January 27, 2023 at 6:00pm
- Applications/reference deadline for all candidates
- Monday-Wednesday, February 6-8, 2023, various times
- Individual processing interviews for candidates abroad during spring '23
- Friday, February 10, 2023, 6:00-8:00pm (location TBD)
- In-person candidate socials
- Saturday, February 11, 2023 time 9:00am-1:00pm
- In-person group process day
- Tuesday, February 14-Friday, February 24, 2023
- Individual interviews for all candidates (abroad held via ZOOM)
- Friday, March 3, 2023 at 6:00pm
- Decision letters sent out to candidates
- Friday, March 10, 2023 at 6:00pm
- Hiring paperwork due
What is the difference between the Resident Assistant (RA) and a Resident First-Year Mentor (RFM) position?
RAs and RFMs are student staff members who are responsible for fostering an inclusive community and ensuring the physical and emotional well-being of residents living within either McKeon or McMahon Halls at Fordham University’s Lincoln Center campus. Under the direct supervision of a Resident Director (RD), they oversee and provide guidance to students living on campus and are responsible for assisting in the day-to-day management of the residence halls. While serving as a representative of the Office of Residential Life (ORL) and Fordham University, they uphold the standards of the Office and the University and promote our Jesuit-Catholic mission through community development and student learning initiatives, incident response, on-duty coverage (RAs only), role modeling and leadership, and administrative/staff functions. RAs are required to participate in on-duty coverage during holiday breaks and university recesses (not including summer).
- RAs are provided with a meal plan (McKeon) or meal check (McMahon) and a single room, both paid in full for the academic year
- RFMs are provided with a meal plan (McKeon) or a meal check (McMahon), paid in full for the academic year, and a single room, paid for one semester
How will my financial aid be affected?
Because remuneration comes in the form of a grant, there are a number of factors that may affect an applicant’s financial aid package. The Office of Residential Life highly encourages all applicants to speak with a representative in the Financial Aid Office (LL 214) to discuss how position compensation may affect them prior to applying for a position. By accepting a position, all student staff members are acknowledging that they are aware of how the position may affect their financial aid.
Academic Records: 718-817-3900
Financial Services: 718-817-3800
Student Accounts: 718-817-4900
Student Employment: 718-817-3820