Financial Aid Checklist for Continuing Undergraduate Students
If you are currently receiving financial aid or scholarships from Fordham, you must apply for renewal of your aid each year. We attempt to renew aid at the previous year’s level provided the criteria (i.e. need, GPA, Satisfactory Academic Progress, etc.), as well as all other requirements specific to the award are met. Please take the following steps by the specified date:
By April 6
Submit the 2019-20 FAFSA – School Code 002722
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer 2017 federal tax information into your FAFSA, if eligible
- Sign your FAFSA using your FSA ID
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy, make corrections if necessary, make sure Fordham University is listed and review the messages for any items you may need to take action on.
Submit the 2019-20 TAP application – School Code 0245
- New York State residents who list Fordham University on their FAFSA are able to link directly to TAP on the Web (TOTW)
Students should also file the CSS Profile by April 6 if they are not currently receiving Fordham University aid and want to be considered, or if they are requesting an increase in need-based university grant aid due to a significant change in circumstances. To avoid processing delays, ensure the data listed on the FAFSA and CSS Profile are consistent.
By May 1 and Continuously Thereafter
Log onto Financial Aid Online
- Confirm that the Office of Student Financial Services has received your FAFSA.
- Review letters and emails from Student Financial Services requesting additional information.
- Submit all requested information within 1 week of notification through our portal.
Students who complete their applications by April 6 and comply with all requested additional information in a timely manner will be notified via email of award decisions by June 15.