The DoD CySP Student Application must be completed, certified, and submitted online through the DoD Cyber Scholarship Program.
The following items will be included in the application:
- Official (certified) Transcripts from all the institutions of higher learning you have attended. Electronic transcripts may be accepted as long as they are certified by the institution.
- Current resume (template provided with the application).
- List of Recognitions, Honors, and Awards.
- One (1) Letter of Reference from a current faculty member who is fully knowledgeable of your potential for successful learning, your knowledge, and your ability. Letters must be on University letterhead and contain the full name and contact information of the faculty member (phone, email, and address).
- One (1) additional Letter of Reference from either a current or former faculty member, or a current or former supervisor who is fully knowledgeable of your potential for successful learning, your knowledge, and your ability. Letters must be on official letterhead and contain the full name and contact information of the faculty member or current/former supervisor (phone, email, and address).
Additionally, a Supplemental Competency Statement: Knowledge, Skills and Attributes will be required. You will provide narrative responses that describe the level of your attainment of the knowledge and ability factors indicated below.
- Knowledge of the techniques of the cybersecurity discipline, including encryption, access control, physical security, training, threat analysis, and authentication.
- Knowledge of the human factors in cybersecurity, including human computer interaction, design, training, sabotage, human error prevention and identification, personal use policies, and monitoring.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems, distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information to make logical decisions, and provide solutions to individual and organizational problems.
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people in different situations; is tactful, compassionate and sensitive, and treats others with respect.
- Ability to make clear and convincing oral presentations to individuals or groups; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; facilitates an open exchange of ideas and fosters an atmosphere of open communication.
- Ability to express facts and ideas in writing in clear, convincing and organized manners appropriate to the audience and occasion.
Finally, Acknowledgement of the Supplemental Statement of General Academic and Employment Conditions (OF612) will need to be completed. If you agree with the all of the academic and employment conditions required for your receipt of scholarship assistance and appointment under the DoD CySP, and wish to be considered for it, you must review and acknowledge the OF612 Supplemental Statement of General Academic and Employment Conditions, which is referenced multiple times in the application.