Fordham University now allows connectivity to the network on all major game consoles and most media streaming devices (i.e. Roku, AppleTV, etc.). These devices are now supported on both the wired and wireless network. Media streaming devices that require a P2P (Peer to Peer) connection between devices on the network, such as Chromecasts, are not supported on both the wired and wireless network.
These devices need to be registered in order to connect. This is accomplished by a simple self-registration process. Steps for connecting and registering your devices are:
- Connect your game console or media device to the network (Connect-Fordham-WiFi wireless network or via wired ethernet cable)
- Navigate to your device's network settings and obtain the MAC address (Google it, if you don't know what this is! Or contact ITCC if you need help.)
- From a device that is connected to Fordham's wireless network (Fordham-S) or wired network (residence halls only), navigate to https://www.fordham.edu/enrolldevice. **This web address is only accessible from a device that is connected to Fordham's wireless (Fordham-S) or wired network (residence halls only)
- Enter your AccessIT ID credentials, agree to the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and sign in
- Enter the wired and/or wireless MAC address (depending on the connection type) of the device in order to connect to the network
- Select the type of device
- Provide your cell phone number and select your phone provider
- Click on Enroll Device
- Once enrollment is complete, please allow 2 - 5 minutes for the device to connect
- Enrolled wireless devices must remain on the Connect-Fordham-WiFi wireless network
Customers will be allowed to register up to 3 devices.
Registered devices will remain active for up to one year.
Fordham IT highly recommends the use of the wired ethernet connection in your dorm room (instead of wireless) in order to ensure a more reliable connection.