Apply to the Program
How to Apply to the Master of Arts in Ethics and Society
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
For information, see Application Deadlines.
Fall 2020 Final Deadline for Merit-Based Funding
April 1, 2020
Fall 2020 Rolling Admissions Begins
May 1, 2020
Generous merit-based financial aid is available to qualified students through Fordham’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. See the Tuition and Financial Aid header below for more information. Contact the Associate Director of Academic Programs, Steve Swartzer, Ph.D., for information about possible graduate assistantships and tuition discounts for the 2019-2020 school year.
Application Documents and Materials
- A statement of intent detailing both your academic aims and interests at Fordham (1-2 pages)
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: OPTIONAL - Due to the impact of COVID-19 on standardized testing, for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are optional. Applicants who wish to submit GRE scores may do so, but scores are not required (scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – Code #2259)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Writing sample
- Application Fee (currently $70)
- Official degree transcripts confirming prior degree conferral are required for all applicants, regardless of matriculation status. These should be ordered at least one month prior to the application deadline for your program of interest, and should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) via secure electronic delivery. If electronic delivery is not available, please request that your transcripts be submitted directly via post, in a sealed envelope, to: Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Office of Admissions, Fordham University, 441 E. Fordham Rd., Bronx, NY 10458. Please note: you may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application while the Office of Admissions awaits receipt of your official transcripts.
Students who wish to apply to complete an Ethics and Society course as a non-matriculated student should complete the attached application and send (with official transcript) to email@example.com. You may also mail application materials to:
Celia Fisher, Ph.D., Director, Center for Ethics Education
441 East Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458
Fordham Undergraduates: The Accelerated B.A./M.A. in Ethics and Society
Matriculated undergraduate students at Fordham with a GPA of 3.2 or better may apply for early admission in the spring semester of their junior year. Accelerated BA/MA students are not required to take the GRE and the application fee is waived.
Students Currently Matriculated at Fordham University Who Wish to Apply to the M.A. in Ethics and Society
The following are required for currently enrolled Fordham graduate students who wish to enroll in the Fordham M.A. in Ethics and Society program:
- A completed online application
- Two (preferably three) letters of recommendation
- Completed Graduate Program Coordinator Approval Form signed by the chairperson or graduate coordinator of the program in which the applicant is currently enrolled. Please contact the Center for Ethics Education Director, Celia Fisher, Ph.D., in Dealy 117F, for this form.