Apply to the Program
How to Apply to the Master's Degree Program in Ethics and Society
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
We encourage you to submit your application early to connect with faculty and other students. For more information, see Application Deadlines.
Summer 2021 Application Deadline
Jan. 4, 2021
Fall 2021 Scholarship Application Deadline
Mar. 15, 2021 (Early Submission Encouraged)
Apr. 1, 2021 (Final)
Fall 2021 Application Deadline
Apr. 30, 2021 (Recommended)
Rolling admissions begins May 1, 2021.
Application Documents and Materials
- Online Application
- A statement of intent detailing both your academic aims and interests at Fordham (1-2 pages)
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: OPTIONAL - Due to the impact of COVID-19 on standardized testing, for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are optional. Applicants who wish to submit GRE scores may do so, but scores are not required (scores should be sent directly by the testing service to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Fordham University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – Code #2259)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Writing sample
- Application Fee (currently $70)
- Official degree transcripts confirming prior degree conferral are required for all applicants, regardless of matriculation status. These should be ordered at least one month prior to the application deadline for your program of interest, and should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions (email@example.com) via secure electronic delivery. If electronic delivery is not available, please request that your transcripts be submitted directly via post, in a sealed envelope, to: Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Office of Admissions, Fordham University, 441 E. Fordham Rd., Bronx, NY 10458. Please note: you may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application while the Office of Admissions awaits receipt of your official transcripts.
Applicants who wish to enroll in Ethics and Society courses as a non-matriculated or non-degree-seeking student should complete the online application (select “Non-degree in Ethics and Society”). Prospective non-degree students will also be required to submit a current resume or CV and transcripts from previous academic institutions.
Fordham Undergraduates: The Accelerated BA/MA in Ethics and Society
Matriculated undergraduate students at Fordham with a GPA of 3.2 or better may apply for early admission in the spring semester of their junior year. Accelerated BA/MA students are not required to take the GRE and the application fee is waived.
Generous merit-based financial aid is available to qualified students through Fordham’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. See the Tuition and Financial Aid header below for more information. Contact the Associate Director of Academic Programs, Steve Swartzer, Ph.D., for information about possible graduate assistantships and tuition discounts for the 2021-2022 school year.