Apply to the Program
How to Apply to the Master of Arts in Ethics and Society
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
For information, see Application Deadlines.
Spring Admission Deadline: December 16, 2019
Fall Admission Deadline (for funding): January 3, 2020
Fall Admission Final Deadline: April 30, 2020
Generous merit-based financial aid is available to qualified students through Fordham’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. See the Tuition and Financial Aid header below for more information. Contact the Interim Director of Academic Programs, Rimah Jaber, M.A., for information about possible graduate assistantships and tuition discounts for the 2019-2020 school year.
Application Documents and Materials
- A statement of intent detailing both your academic aims and interests at Fordham (1-2 pages)
- GRE General Test scores* and, for all nonnative speakers of English, TOEFL scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Application Fee (currently $70)
- Official degree transcripts confirming prior degree conferral are required for all applicants, regardless of matriculation status. These should be ordered at least one month prior to the application deadline for your program of interest, and should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions (email@example.com) via secure electronic delivery. If electronic delivery is not available, please request that your transcripts be submitted directly via post, in a sealed envelope, to: Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Office of Admissions, Fordham University, 441 E. Fordham Rd., Bronx, NY 10458. Please note: you may upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application while the Office of Admissions awaits receipt of your official transcripts.
*The GRE requirement may be waived for some applicants, including those who have been out of school for more than 6 years and/or are working in a job related to their chosen field of study or department.
Students who wish to apply to complete an Ethics and Society course as a non-matriculated student should complete the attached application and send (with official transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail application materials to:
Celia Fisher, Ph.D., Director, Center for Ethics Education
441 East Fordham Road
Bronx, NY 10458
Fordham Undergraduates: The Early Admission Five-Year BA/MA in Ethics and Society
Matriculated undergraduate students at Fordham with a GPA of 3.2 or better may apply for early admission in the spring semester of their junior year. Early admission students are not required to take the GRE and the application fee is waived.
Students Currently Matriculated at Fordham University Who Wish to Apply to the MA Ethics and Society
The following are required for currently enrolled Fordham graduate students who wish to enroll in the Fordham MA Ethics and Society program:
- A completed online application
- Two (preferably three) letters of recommendation
- Completed Graduate Program Coordinator Approval Form signed by the chairperson or graduate coordinator of the program in which the applicant is currently enrolled. Please contact the Center for Ethics Education Director, Celia Fisher, Ph.D., in Dealy 117F, for this form.