Apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan
We suggest you utilize your Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan eligibility before requesting a Graduate PLUS Loan. The Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan has a lower interest rate and also carries a lower origination fee
What You Need to Know Before Applying
- Fordham’s academic year begins with the fall term and ends with the summer term.
- If you already have a Graduate PLUS Loan in place for this academic year and would like to increase it, visit "Increasing an Existing Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan".
- The application process includes a credit check to ensure the student does not have an adverse credit history.
What You Need to Know When Applying
Selecting your Loan Period
- 09/2020 to 12/2020 - one disbursement at the beginning of the fall term.
- 09/2020 to 05/2021 - even disbursements across the fall and spring terms
- 09/2020 to 08/2021 - even disbursements across the fall, spring and summer terms
- 01/2021 to 05/2021 - one disbursement at the beginning of the spring term.
Requesting The Amount of Your Loan
- Use the Cost of Attendance sidebar to help determine how much you should borrow.
- There is a 4.236% origination fee deducted from each loan disbursement. To calculate the total loan amount you should request, divide the amount you need by 0.95764.
- For example: if you need $8,000 to cover your expenses, you should request $8,354 ($8,000/0.95764).
- We suggest requesting a specific loan amount, however, you also have the option of selecting “unknown” or “maximum” as your loan amount.
- If you select either “unknown” or “maximum” as your loan amount, please provide Fordham with a specific loan amount.
Please note: This calculator does not work with Internet Explorer