Apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan
Step 1: Secure a Grad PLUS Credit Decision
- Log in to studentloans.gov and select the "Request PLUS Loan" link
- Select "Graduate PLUS" as your loan type and complete credit check.
- Select the Award Year (summer 2018 is part of the 2017-2018 aid year)
- Continue to step 2 if you are approved. See options below if you are denied.
Step 2: Complete an Entrance Counseling Session and Master Promissory Note (MPN) at studentloans.gov if you have not previously completed them.
Step 3: Submit your Grad PLUS Request
If you are credit denied, you have two options:
- Appeal* - Log in to studentloans.gov and select the "Document Extenuating Circumstances".
- Secure an Endorser (cosigner)* - Provide your endorser with the "Endorser Code" provided to you with your credit decision. Have your endorser log in to studentloans.gov, select "Endorse PLUS Loan" to begin the process.
* Students subsequently approved must complete a "PLUS Counseling" session at studentloans.gov.