The Attorney Emeritus Program Advisory Council is chaired by Professor John Feerick (former Dean of Fordham Law School) and Fern Schair (Chair of the Law School's Feerick Center for Social Justice).
The Advisory Council confers with Chief Judge Janet DiFiore on ways to ensure that volunteers provide high-quality representation and legal assistance, to make the volunteer experience as satisfying and desirable as possible, and to help guide outreach, recruitment and recognition strategies.
The Council also serves as a bridge to the bar, the legal services community, and the nonprofit sector.
- Hon. Janet DiFiore, Chief Judge of the State of New York and Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals, New York State Unified Court System
- Helaine M. Barnett, Chair, Permanent Commission on Access to Justice
- Antonio Galvao, Special Counsel to the Chief Judge, New York State Unified Court System
- Hon. Edwina G. Mendelson, Deputy Chief Administrative Judge, Office for Justice Initiatives, New York State Unified Court System
- Michelle Smith, Chief of Staff, Office for Justice Initiatives, New York State Unified Court System
- John D. Feerick, Founder and Senior Counsel, Feerick Center for Social Justice, Fordham Law School
- Fern Schair, Advisory Board Chair, Feerick Center for Social Justice, Fordham Law School
- Robert Abrams, Partner, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Jacqueline Adorno, Supervising Attorney, Mobilization for Justice
- Lauren Axelrod, Senior Legal Counsel, New York City Bar Association
- Kathy Hirata Chin, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Catherine A. Christian, Assistant District Attorney, New York County District Attorney's Office
- Christine M. Fecko, General Counsel, The IOLA Fund of the State of New York
- Hon. Fern A. Fisher, Visiting Associate Professor of Law, Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University
- Sheila A. Gaddis, Partner, Barclay Damon LLP
- Natalie M. Gomez-Velez, Professor, CUNY School of Law
- Barbara Graves Poller, Senior Counsel, Appeals Division New York City Law Department
- Stephen W. Greiner, Retired Partner, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Heidi Lee Henderson, President/Chief Executive Officer, Brooklyn Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Adriene L. Holder, Attorney-in-Charge, Civil Practice, The Legal Aid Society
- Caprice R. Jenerson, President and Attorney in Charge, Office of the Appellate Defender
- Glenn Lau-Kee, Partner, Lau-Kee Law Group PLLC
- Kelly McGovern, Director of Pro Bono Affairs, Legal Assistance of Western New York, Inc.
- Tanisha S. McKnight, Deputy Director of Appeals, Paralegal and Volunteer Services, The Children's Law Center
- Christopher B. O'Malley, Executive Director, The IOLA Fund of the State of New York
- Bettina B. Plevan, Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP
- Thomas Richards, Director of Public Interest and Deputy General Counsel, New York State Bar Association
- M. Catherine Richardson, Retired Member, Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC
- Alan Rothstein, Retired General Counsel, New York City Bar Association
- William T. Russell, Jr., Partner, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Patricia E. Salkin, Provost, Graduate and Professional Divisions, Touro College
- Arlene Sanders, Director of Pro Bono Programs, Legal Aid Society of Mid-NY, Inc., Pro Bono Unit
- Cynthia Schrock Seeley
- Robert C. Sheehan, Of Counsel, Pro Bono Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Kenneth G. Standard, Of Counsel and General Counsel Emeritus, Epstein Becker & Green P.C.
- Justin Vigdor, Of Counsel Bond, Schoeneck &King PLLC