Skip to main content

Changes to Spring Academic Calendar Fordham is modifying its academic calendar in anticipation of a national resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic this winter. Full Details

Enrollment Process After Admission


Admitted students deposit online by logging into their applicant portal at  Once logged in students should:


  1. Complete the Enrollment Form found under the section “Reply Forms.”  After the form is submitted a new link for making the deposit will appear. 
  2. Click on the deposit link and pay the appropriate amount.  Admitted students should refer to their admission letter for deposit amounts and deadlines. Please note that if you were admitted with housing, you must pay a housing deposit in addition to your enrollment deposit. The housing deposit must be paid to secure on campus housing.   


Upon completion of the deposit, students will receive an email confirmation of official enrollment.

Upon admission, students are directed to to establish and login to the student portal. On this portal students can access many self-service features which will enable them to expedite the enrollment process.

Financial Aid

There are limited merit scholarships available for transfer students. If eligible, this will be indicated in your financial aid award letter. You do not need to apply for consideration of merit scholarships.

Fordham offers need-based financial aid to qualified U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens. In order to qualify, applicants must submit all forms below by the financial aid deadline. Applications for financial aid received after the posted deadline will be considered for aid after those filed by the deadline.

  • Federal Aid Application: To be considered for federal aid you must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). When your Student Aid Report (SAR) is received, confirm that all information is correct and that Fordham University is listed. If corrections are needed use "Corrections on the Web."
  • Institutional Aid Applications: To be considered for institutional aid you must file both the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the College Scholarship Services "CSS PROFILE" form.
  • State Aid Application: New York State Residents must file a New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Application. The student will receive an award certificate from NYSHESC. Fordham University must be listed on the award certificate. If Fordham University is not listed on the certificate, a TAP Change Form must be completed.

Learn more about how to file the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE 

The Office of Student Financial Services will provide an admitted student with their financial aid package as soon as it is available. If your enrollment deposit deadline is prior to receiving your financial aid package, you may request a deposit extension by contacting the Office of Undergraduate Admission.

Evaluation of Credit

Students can find out what credits will transfer by contacting the dean indicated in their admission letter. Students who have previously completed coursework at international universities must have their transcripts or mark sheets evaluated by WES before contacting the dean. This can be done before or after depositing.

For more information, please visit our transfer credit policies and procedures link.

Academic Advising

Students can make an appointment with the dean of their respective college to be advised and learn about the registration process.


Students who have been offered a housing spot may follow up with the Office of Residential Life

  • If you have applied to the Rose Hill campus, transfer students may be placed in various locations throughout our campus. However, most transfer students who are granted housing live in University owned, off-campus housing in our Belmont community, which is a short walk from campus.
  • If you have applied to the Lincoln Center campus, most transfer students who are granted housing live in McMahon Hall. A limited number of incoming first year transfer students may live in McKeon Hall.

Students who were not accepted with housing can follow up with the Office of Residential Life and sign up on the housing waitlist.


Students should follow up with the Office of New Student Orientation at their respective campus to sign up for orientation (Lincoln Center NSO or Rose Hill NSO). Orientation is a vital program that helps transfer students adjust to their new life at Fordham and all transfer students are required to attend.

Important Dates:

Spring 2020 Entry

  • Thursday, January 9: Move-In Day for On Campus Residents
  • Friday, January 10: Mandatory Orientation for Transfers
  • Monday, January 13: First Day of Classes

Fall 2020 Entry

  • Sunday, August 23: Move-In Day for On Campus Residents
  • Monday, August 24 - Tuesday, August 25:  Mandatory Orientation for Transfers
  • Wednesday, August 26: First Day of Classes