Thursday and Friday, 1–2 October 2015
Thursday: 8:15 a.m.–5 p.m., reception following
REGISTRATION AND BREAKFAST
INTRODUCTION AND WELCOME
- James Keyte, FCLI Director and Adjunct Professor of Law, Fordham Law School, and Partner, Antitrust and Competition, Skadden Arps
- Renata B. Hesse, Deputy Assistant Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division
- Bruno Lasserre, President, Autorité de la Concurrence
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
PANEL 1: EFFECTIVE STRATEGIES FOR DEALING WITH ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES HERE AND THERE
- Moderator: Mark Ryan, Partner, Mayer Brown
- Panelists: David Lawsky, Partner, FIPRA International; Eduardo Pérez Motta, Partner, Agon. Economics, Law & Strategy; Richard G. Parker, Partner, O'Melveny & Myers LLP; Bitten Thorgaard Sørensen, Deputy Director General, Danish Competition and Consumer Authority; Eric J. Stock, Antitrust Bureau Chief, New York State Office of the Attorney General
TRIBUTE TO BARRY HAWK
PANEL 2: WOMEN IN ANTITRUST
- Moderator: Fiona Schaeffer, Partner, Milbank Tweed
- Panelists: Dr. Helen Jenkins, Partner, Oxera Consulting LLP; Sharis Pozen, Vice President of Global Competition and Antitrust, General Electric; Alejandra Palacios Prieto, President, Mexican Federal Economic Competition Commission; Ingrid Vandenborre, Partner, Skadden Arps
Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
REGISTRATION AND BREAKFAST
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS
- Margrethe Vestager, EU Competition Commissioner
- Edith Ramirez, Chairwoman, Federal Trade Commission
10:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
PANEL 1: PRIVATE LITIGATION IN THE EU
- Moderator: Rein Wesseling, Partner, Stibbe
- Panelists: Sir Christopher Bellamy QC, Chairman, Linklaters Global Competition Practice, London; Michael Hausfeld, Chairman, Hausfeld; Dr. Frank P. Maier-Rigaud, Director, Head of Competition Economics Europe, NERA Economic Consulting; Stephen Neuwirth, Partner, Quinn Emanuel
PANEL 2: MEDIA MERGERS
- Moderator: Arthur Burke, Partner, Davis Polk
- Panelists: C. Scott Hemphill, Professor of Law, New York University School of Law; Nicholas Levy, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP; Sheldon Mills, Senior Director of Mergers, Competition and Markets Authority ; Sophie Moonen, Head of Unit C5—Information, Communication and Media, Directorate General for Competition, European Commission; Jonathan Sallet, General Counsel, Federal Communications Commission
PANEL 3: ANTITRUST IN A MOBILE WORLD
- Moderator: Jonathan M. Jacobson, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Panelists: Yonatan Even, Partner, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP; Scott Martin, Partner, Hausfeld; Mark Israel, Executive Vice President, Compass Lexecon; Dr. Helen Weeds, Senior Consultant, Charles River Associates and Lecturer in Economics, University of Essex
Schedule and speakers are subject to change.
CLE CREDIT has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State CLE Board for a maximum of 13 transitional and nontransitional professional practice credit hours. New Jersey CLE credits available through reciprocity. For credit in another state, please contact that state’s CLE administrator.
Online registration is now closed. Please register at the door.
Contact UsFordham University School of Law
150 West 62nd Street, New York, NY 10023