10.1 Non-Discrimination Policy*
Fordham University is an academic institution that, in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, national origin, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, gender identity or gender characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by law. No otherwise qualified person shall be discriminated against in any programs or activities of the University because of disability. Likewise, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of sex. Fordham University does not knowingly support or patronize any organization that engages in unlawful discrimination. This policy is strictly enforced by the University and alleged violations receive prompt attention and appropriate corrective action.
Complaints of discrimination by students against other students should be brought to the complainant’s dean of students for handling. All other complaints involving students and employees, only employees, or third parties should be brought to the Director of Institutional Equity and Compliance for handling.
The director of Institutional Equity and Compliance is the University’s compliance officer for all forms of discrimination. The director is specifically designated as the University’s Title IX Coordinator and is responsible for the University’s Title IX compliance efforts, including sex and gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault and violence, stalking, intimate partner violence, retaliation, and athletics. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulation may be referred to the designated Title IX coordinator(s) or to the Office for Civil Rights. Information on how to contact the director is included below.
* Due to changing legal guidelines, please refer to the Title IX/Institutional Equity and Compliance web page at fordham.edu/title_ix for Fordham’s most up-to-date policies on nondiscrimination, affirmative action, and sexual harassment. If you do not have web access, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance directly for a hard copy.
Pages in University Policies
- 10.1 Non-Discrimination Policy*
- 10.2 Statement on Academic Rights and Responsibilities
- 10.3 Affirmative Action Policy*
- 10.4 Policy on Sexual Harassment*
- 10.5 Education Records Policy
- 10.6 Services for Students with Disabilities
- 10.7 Weather-Related Cancellations
- 10.8 What To Do In An Emergency: The Emergency Management Plan