Spring Applicants (Transfer and First Year)
Students who are U.S. Citizens or Eligible Non-Citizens are eligible to receive an early financial aid package including federal*, state and institutional awards by December 1, 2020.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSS Profile to receive maximum consideration for all types of aid including Fordham grants and scholarships, if you have not yet done so.
- Make certain Fordham has your correct social security number on file and that you file both the FAFSA and CSS Profile using the name and number printed on your social security card.
- To be considered exclusively for federal aid, only the FAFSA is required.
By November 1, 2020 Deadline
- Submit the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. (School Code 002722)
- Submit the 2020-21 CSS Profile online. (School Code 2259)
- Input the 2018 tax data entered on the FAFSA to ensure consistency. Estimates of 2019 and 2020 income information will also be required.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married and they are not living together:
- Submit the Noncustodial Parent Profile online. Following the completion of the CSS Profile, the College Board will provide you with instructions and information to share with your noncustodial parent.
- Claim your account at my.fordham.edu to monitor the status of your financial aid application.
- Visit “Getting Online: Your AccessIT ID”.
- Contact Fordham’s Help Desk at 718-817-3999 if assistance is needed in claiming your account.
By November 3, 2020 and Continuously Thereafter
- Log onto Financial Aid Online to:
- Review letters and emails from Student Financial Services requesting additional information.
- Submit all requested information by November 17, 2020 via the secure upload portal.
- View any additional requests and check the status of documents submitted.
What to Expect as a Spring Applicant
- If after review of the data submitted, additional information or clarification is needed, you will receive a letter from Fordham.
- All students who: gain admission to Fordham University, file both the FAFSA and CSS Profile, and respond to all requests for additional information by November 17, 2020 will receive an award letter by December 1, 2020.
The Final Steps in Completing the Financial Aid Process
- Once you submit your admission deposit, visit the Financial Aid Portal to accept awards online
- Review requirements for borrowing Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
- Utilize the Fordham University Award Comparison Chart to assist you in comparing the Fordham University Financial Aid package to that of other universities.
- Eligibility for state, federal and institutional aid is determined by estimated family contribution, enrollment status, academic performance and availability of funds.
*To be considered for federal aid you only need to file a FAFSA.