Cybersecurity Student Club
Fordham ISACA Student Group, establied in August 2019, is a cybersecurity student club co-funded by Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) New York Metropolitan Chapter and Fordham Center for Cybersecurity (FCC)
To expand recognition of the IT Audit and Assurance, Security and IT Governance disciplines through student empowerment, by extending education beyond the classroom on standards, practices and certification.
- To promote the education of and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance;
- To encourage a free exchange of IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IT governance, IS audit, security, control and assurance that can be beneficial to them and their employers;
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure proper IT governance and the effective organization and utilization of IT resources; and
- To promote the Association’s professional certifications and IT governance
You Are Welcomed To Be A Student Member Of ISACA
Even though it is not required to be a ISACA Student Member in order to be a member of Fordham ISACA Student Group, we encourage you to be the ISACA Student Member for only $25!
On September 30th, the Fordham ISACA Cybersecurity Club hosted a Capture the Flag (CTF) Basics Workshop for students of all levels interested in cybersecurity to improve their skills. Students could see walkthroughs of example CTF problems and ask questions about them in an informal setting. Topics covered included Open Source Intelligence, Cryptography, Password Cracking, Log Analysis, Scanning, Enumeration & Exploitation, Network Traffic Analysis, Forensics, Web Application Security, and Malware Analysis. This event promoted collaboration among students, who were also able to network with each other and discuss the presentation topics.
Please fill out this form to be added onto the club mailing list: https://bit.ly/FordhamCyberClub.
The club is open to both graduate and undergraduate students as well as alumni!
Club President: Jakub Czaplicki at [email protected]
Club Vice-President: Cody Chen at [email protected]
Do you want to be a member of Fordham ISACA Student Group? Join us now for free! Just enjoy it as a free trial of Student Membership in ISACA!
We are open to all the Fordham University students with all different levels and all different majors!
You will gain the access to all the events and speeches hosted or sponsored by Fordham ISACA Student Group with ISG discounts or for free, and build up your networking with all the cybersecurity practioners and professionals!
After you completed the registration form, we will contact you via email for confirmation. (As the confirmation emails are not sent automatically but manually, please feel free to contact [email protected] if we missed you!)
How much do you know about ISACA?