Learning and Innovation Technology Environment
LITE is Fordham University’s new Learning and Innovation Technology Environment.
As a collaboration between Fordham IT and Fordham University Libraries, LITE brings a much needed comprehensive, integrated learning commons to the Fordham community. LITE is meant to be accessible and available to all of Fordham’s students, faculty, and administrators.
In particular, LITE offers:
- An integrated technology support center and information desk with day-to-day IT support from IT professionals and academic peers (similar to Apple Stores’ Genius Bars).
- A Maker Space facility for producing with 3D printers, a laser cutter, a plotter, a large format printer and more
- Two sound-controlled recording and podcasting rooms with microphones and green screens
- Training workshops throughout the school year
- Several collaborative work areas
- Fordham’s Grab-and-Go Program, which lends out laptops, webcams, microphones, and more
- High-end computer workstations for multimedia production station
- A Virtual Reality area
- Assistive Technology workstations
- Robust scanning options
LITE’s resources may bolster current research and open up possibilities for new or existing research grants and awards. It’s resources can be used by researchers and students alike to ask questions that they may not previously have been equipped to answer and the ideas spawned may take on new life as unexplored dimensions emerge, forging new paths of study. It can also just be a destination for students in and of itself, providing fun options for those looking to exert their creativity.
LITE has been designed to constantly evolve so as to keep pace with the changing and advancing needs of our faculty and students.
LITE is located in the basement of the Walsh Family Library on the Rose Hill Campus.
Monday - Thursday 9 - 5 p.m.