- Fordham students who are completing and computer or technology related undergraduate degree and are within 3 years of completing their Master's. This grant is continuous over the next five years. Students can continue to apply for this opportunity on a yearly basis.
- Students from Fordham University, as well as external applicants that have applied to the M.S. in Cybersecurity degree are also eligible for 2 years of support to complete their MS degree in Cybersecurity.
- Must be able to demonstrate evidence of being able to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Must be a United States Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
- Full-time student status.
- Must have and continue to maintain at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA (evaluated every semester).
- Completion of summer internships at a government agency.
- If accepted, the applicant commits to working for a government agency for a term equal to the number of years that the scholarship was awarded.
Ability to achieve security clearance is required to be selected for this scholarship opportunity. For more information regarding security clearances and your ability to achieve them please see the links below:
- DoD Digital Clearance Readiness Assessment is a private assessment tool to evaluate your readiness to undergo a background investigation that leads to a decision on your clearance. It is not associated with you or your account and is completely confidential. Only you will see your own results.
- Complete a degree program through a plan of study with a significant focus on cybersecurity.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.25 or higher (and remain in good standing as per university policies).
- Participate in all CyberCorps activities including job fairs, and other meetings.
- Accept no external employment without written permission from Fordham University’s SFS program.
- Search for and complete cybersecurity-related government internships during the summers while funded under the program.
- Search for and complete employment with the government (federal, state, local, or tribal) immediately following graduation. The length of employment must equal the duration of the scholarship.
- Participate in high-quality applied cybersecurity research.
The OPM website offers a list of frequently asked questions about this scholarship opportunity here.