IT Service Desk Intern
DIVISION: IT Service Desk
POSITION: IT Service Desk Intern
SUPERVISOR: Assistant Director for IT Service Desk
The intern will work in the IT Service Desk Centers at either Rose Hill or Lincoln Center to assist customers with any IT related questions by fielding their inquiries, attempting to resolve or escalating appropriately. They are expected to provide a high level of customer service, demonstrate exemplary interpersonal skills and maintain a professional attitude at all times. They will be assigned some supervisory responsibilities as it pertains to the other student employees at IT Service Desk.
- Must be registered Fordham student in good academic standing.
- Exhibit very good customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Eager and willing to learn through hands on experience.
- Willing to take on supervisory responsibilities as it relates to student employees at the IT Service Desk.
- Familiar with basic computer operations that include: Software installation/updating/removal, Malware mitigation, mobile app configuration and hardware diagnostics.
- Willing to work as an enthusiastic team member capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Organized and flexible when selecting work shifts.
- Able to handle confidential/sensitive information in a professional and secure manner.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Windows and Mac OS. Linux a plus.
- Self-Motivated work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Efficiently assist students, faculty and staff who call, email, chat or visit the IT Service Desk regarding all IT related issues.
Other Duties as assigned.
- Provide detailed documentation of every customer contact through our ticketing system to ensure proper follow through and completion of client requests.
- Reliability and punctuality with regard to scheduled working hours is critical.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of all relevant procedures and solutions in our knowledgebase.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all IT Service Desk student employee schedules and attendance.
- Assist in the training and mentoring of all student workers.
- Assist the Tier 2 staff with aged ticket analysis and resolution.
- Assisting in the maintenance of content for all Help and Support websites.
- Assist User Support as needed.
- Required knowledge:
- Proficient with Windows 7
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar with installing and un-installing software
- Preferred Knowledge:
- Experience with Windows 7, 8, and 10
- Experience with Mac OS X 10.6.8 and above
- Basic knowledge of Mobile OSes (i.e. iOS and Android)
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Training will be provided for:
- Ticketing System (ServiceNow)
- Basic Network Access Control (NAC) troubleshooting
- Malware removal procedures
- Proper Customer Service procedures
- Proper in-take procedures
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the application.