IT Team 2024 | RH & LC
Division: IT Client Services
Position: IT Team (Back-to-School Student IT Support)
Supervisor: Assistant Director, IT Service Desk & Student Relationship Management
The IT Team provides Back-to-School (B2S) support for students at Fordham University. The IT Team works during first year move-in Sunday. Team members help new and returning students connect to the University network and setup their computers. They assist with configuring gaming devices, mobile devices, printers, and WiFi settings. Team members are also responsible for informing new members of the Fordham community about available IT services and resources.
- IT Team members must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the Fall semester of their appointment.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail orientated and able to multitask.
- Eager to assist others in all technology needs.
- Reliability and punctuality with regard to scheduled hours is critical.
- Must be able to return early to campus in August for training.
- Dependable and professional in one's conduct and actions.
- Outgoing personality plus have a genuine love of IT and helping others.
- Attend mandatory training day on the Friday before move-in Sunday.
- Mandatory availability to work all day Sunday.
- Students will assist with other IT duties on campus as requested.
- Students are required to either move in to their residence hall the Saturday before move-in Sunday or be able to commute to campus to work.
Technical Knowledge (some training provided)
- Knowledgeable of computer basics of both PC and Mac's.
- Use all of the Portal's resources and demonstrate them.
- Be able to connect to the Fordham network on various different devices.
- Set up and install USB printer connections and cable TV setup.
Compensation: $18.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.