Learning Spaces Assistant | RH & LC
DIVISION: Learning Spaces & Event Management
POSITION: Learning Spaces Assistant | RH or LC
SUPERVISOR: Area Director
Learning Spaces & Event Management is looking for a bright hard working student to assist in daily IT tasks. Must possess exemplary interpersonal skills and be able to interact with the staff and faculty. An attention to detail, focused student with a positive attitude, with working knowledge of PC’s and MAC’s, and good Customer Service skills are required.
- IT Assistants must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of their employment.
- Reliable quick learner who can work with minimal supervision.
- Candidates who are on probation or provisional registration may not be considered.
- Must uphold, enforce and abide by all university policies.
- Provides Level 1 service for classroom and event technology.
- Answers incoming calls on the classroom "hotline," logs tickets in Service Now, and responds to the classroom as necessary.
- Troubleshoots and resolves technical issues in the classrooms and conference areas whenever possible.
- Escalates incidents as necessary to Level 2 Learning Spaces support or redirects the incident to the appropriate area.
- Lends loaner equipment using Cheqroom.
- Delivers equipment to classrooms and event spaces per the support calendar.
- Performs periodic checks of equipment at the request of the supervisor.
- Updates software as necessary on loaner equipment and classroom hardware.
- Assists with hardware inventory and audit functions.
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of the PC and MAC operating systems
- MS Office Suite for PC and MAC
- Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Familiar with installing and uninstalling software
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.