Web Content Specialist Intern | Remote
DIVISION Development and University Relations
POSITION Web Content Specialist Intern
SUPERVISOR Office of Marketing and Communications
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Online Communications, the Web Content Specialist is responsible for website updates, creating new web pages, text editing, image editing, WordPress updates, and resolving web accessibility issues. Must have strong interpersonal skills, work well with others, and communicate professionally with colleagues and University community.
- Enrolled in a degree program in Computer Science, Communications, or related field.
- Strong HTML, PHP, CSS skills.
- Experience with Photoshop or other image editing software as well as optimization and compression techniques.
- Competent proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent time management, customer service, organizational, communication, and teamwork skills in order to assist Marketing and Communications staff.
- Capacity to handle multiple responsibilities and prioritize projects to stay on top of workflow and strict deadlines
- Experience developing WordPress themes and plugins preferred.
- Familiarity with web accessibility testing and WCAG compliance preferred.
- Must be registered Fordham students in good academic standing during the semester of their appointment
Works closely with Assistant Director of Online Communications, Web Communications Specialist, and Web Developer in the following areas:
- Audit web pages for accessibility issues and make updates to ensure usability.
- Work with software to caption video for accessibility.
- Make content edits to the fordham.edu website hosted in Jadu and departmental/graduate school newsrooms hosted in WordPress.
- Help rewrite content and edit images for the web.
- Assist with customizations to WordPress templates and plugins.
- Pull website analytics reports.
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour
Apply to this job. You will be asked to attach your resume to the job application.