Latin American Law Students Association
LALSA is an organization dedicated to serving Fordham Law students, alumni, and the community at large by fostering and maintaining a community for Latino legal professionals.
Within the law school community, LALSA devotes a substantial amount of its efforts to helping first-year students adjust to the rigors of law school. LALSA coordinates academic panels, professional development workshops, a 1L Mentorship Program, and various other events to assist students and increase community bonding.
LALSA is actively involved with various legal societies, Latino/a bar associations and other law school chapters, including the Hispanic National Bar Association, the Puerto Rican Bar Association, and the National Latino/a Law Students Association. LALSA retains strong ties with the alumni and remains committed to the local community by participating in various community service events. Each year, LALSA’s efforts culminate in an Annual Alumni Awards & Dinner honoring outstanding Fordham LALSA alumni and students. Ultimately, LALSA strives to bring together the greater Latino legal community and promote Latino culture.
- President: Joan Rosello
- Co-Vice President: Ventura De La Rosa
- Co-Vice President and Treasurer: Tammy Zapata
- Secretary: Bela Hernandez Jimenez
- Academic Success Co-Chair: Johany Dubon
- Academic Success Co-Chair: Hannah Smith
- Alumni Relations Co-Chair: Alex Cohen
- Alumni Relations Co-Chair: Annette Lopez
- Community Service Chair: Cristian Vega
- Fundraising Chair: Justin Chaljub
- Judiciary Chair: Alex Arce
- Professional Development Chair: Brandon Shirazi
- Public Interest Chair: Darcy Gallego
- Social Activities Co-Chair: Beatriz Valdivia Cox
- Social Activities Co-Chair: Sebastian Vegas
Email: [email protected]