Continuing and Current Students (U.S. Citizens and Eligible Non-citizens)
Continuing Undergraduate Application Process
If you are currently receiving financial aid or scholarships from Fordham, you must apply for renewal of your aid each year. We attempt to renew aid at the previous year’s level provided the criteria (i.e. need, GPA, Satisfactory Academic Progress, etc.), as well as all other requirements specific to the award are met. Please take the following steps by the specified date:
By April 6
Submit the 2023-24 FAFSA – School Code 002722
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer 2021 federal tax information into your FAFSA, if eligible
- Sign your FAFSA using your FSA ID
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy, make corrections if necessary, make sure Fordham University is listed and review the messages for any items you may need to take action on.
Submit the 2023-24 TAP application – School Code 0245
- New York State residents who list Fordham University on their FAFSA are able to link directly to TAP on the Web (TOTW)
Students should also file the CSS Profile by April 6 if they are not currently receiving Fordham University aid and want to be considered, or if they are requesting an increase in need-based university grant aid due to a significant change in circumstances. To avoid processing delays, ensure the data listed on the FAFSA and CSS Profile are consistent.
By May 1 and Continuously Thereafter
Log onto Financial Aid Online
- Confirm that the Office of Student Financial Services has received your FAFSA.
- Review letters and emails from Student Financial Services requesting additional information.
- Submit all requested information within 1 week of notification through our portal.
What to Expect: Final Steps
- Students who have completed their applications by April 6 and comply with all requested additional information in a timely manner will be notified via email of award decisions by June 15
- All awards are subject to change upon verification of applicant data, change in educational plans, or notification of additional outside resources subsequent to the date of the award letter
- If you expect to receive outside aid or scholarships, you must inform the Office of Student Financial Services by April 6 or as soon as you are notified
- If you expect to receive tuition remission and/or employee reimbursement, you must inform the Office of Student Financial Services by April 6 or as soon as you are notified
- Fordham performs Sibling Enrollment Verification for students who have a family member attending another university.
- Visit your financial aid portal to accept, reduce or decline your awards online. To view and take action on your financial aid:
- Log into the financial aid portal and review the details under “Your Award Information"
- Click on “Menu” in the upper left corner.
- Read and accept the “Financial Aid Policies and Conditions.”
- Make a decision on each award and complete all required actions.
Renewal of financial aid awards are subject to the following:
- Timely filing of the financial aid applications by the published deadline
- Availability of institutional funds at the time your application process becomes complete
- Continuing to demonstrate need for need based aid and full time enrollment
- Maintenance of Satisfactory Academic Progress and required GPA’s
- Acceptance of the awards online within the time frame specified
Financial Aid Renewal Philosophy
All attempts are made to renew aid at the previous year’s level provided the criteria, as well as all other requirements specific to the award are met.
All awards are annual awards and require the filing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for renewal including but not limited to the following:
- Presidential, Merit and Deans Scholarships
- Lafarge, Loyola, and Jogues Scholarships
- Need-Based Grants, Tuition Grants, Room Grants, etc.
- Metro Grants
- Athletic Scholarships
- Restricted Scholarships
- Tuition Remission/Exchange
- All Federal Aid
- All State Aid
If you are requesting an increase in need-based university grant aid because your circumstances have changed significantly, you must also file the CSS Profile by April 6 as well as provide a statement detailing the change in circumstance and provide specific and appropriate documentation of the change.
Cost of Attendance
- We have projected a full Cost of Attendance (COA) including an average of additional expenses a student might incur.