Dr. Geoff D. Porter
BA, MA, PhD, New York University
Professor of Political Science and Director of the Middle East Studies Program
- Teaching: Non-Resident Fellow at the Combating Terrorism Center of the United States Military academy at West Point.
- Research: North African Political and Security Risk, Conflict and Instability and the Extractive Industries in North Africa and the Sahara. Founder and President of North Africa Risk Consulting Inc. Senior Advisor at GPW Ltd.
- International Experience: Middle East, North Africa.
Dr. Erick W. Rengifo
BA, Universidad Catolica de Peru; PhD, Universite Catholique de Louvain
Associate Professor of Economics
- Teaching: Strategic Financial Management, Financial Econometrics.
- Research: Portfolio Optimization, Microfinance, Banking and Finance, Market Microstructure. Currently researching topics in Strategic Placement of Orders and in Microfinance.
- International Experience: Belgium, Germany, Spain, and Peru.
Dr. Henry M. Schwalbenberg
BS, MIA, MA, MPhil, PhD, Columbia University
Associate Professor of Economics and Director of the Graduate Program in IPED
- Teaching: Emerging Markets, Economic Development Policy, and International Economic Policy. Awarded Graduate Teacher of the Year Award and Outstanding Undergraduate Social Science Teacher. Commentator on Bloomberg TV, CNBC, and the Candadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC).
- Research: North-South Capital Flows, Political Economy of Trade & Development, and the Economies of South East Asia. Has published 6 major scholarly articles and more than 30 smaller articles. Fulbright Regional Research Award.
- International Experience: Austria, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, El Salvador, Fiji, France, Germany, Ghana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Lesotho, Malawi, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Micronesia, Namibia, The Netherlands, Palau, Peru, Philippines, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Uganda, United Kingdom, Zimbabwe.