Graduate Program in International Political Economy and Development
In the IPED Master of Arts, you will study Global Economic Relations from an advanced interdisciplinary perspective. Our students have won a variety of prestigious awards, including Fulbrights, Borens, and other international awards. They have also become Chartered Financial Analyst Scholars, and worked as U.S. Presidential Management Fellows and International Development Fellows. Our program's focus on an advanced interdisciplinary approach is based on a rigorous foundation of analytical skills and combined with practical field experiences.
- International Banking and Finance
- International Development Studies
- International and Development Economics
- Global Environmental and Resource Economics
- Finance and Development
- Economics and Law
- Careers: More information
- Private Sector: Financial Analysts and Economists
- Public Sector: Policy Analysts and Economists
- Non-Profit Sector: Analysts and Project Managers
- Fordham's IPED Pogram is an affiliate member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA).
- We partner with the Peace Corps to offer generous Coverdell Fellowships to Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
- AmeriCorps has designated Fordham IPED as a National School of Service able to grant matching full tuition Ricci Fellowships to Segal Education Awardees.
- Fordham IPED welcomes Fullbright Fellows from around the world.
- We work closely with the Ateneo de Manila University, the University of Pretoria, and the Alberto Hurtado University to offer programming in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Fordham's Departments of Economics, Political Science, and Sociology founded the IPED Program in 1979 through the generous financial support of the US Department of Education.
Thank You for Supporting the IPED Endowment Fund!
Thanks to your generous support we have more than a quarter of a million dollars in our IPED Endowment Fund. This fund enables our students to pursue internships, language immersion programs, and other field placements which provide invaluable learning experiences outside the classroom to support their career goals of becoming global changemakers. While our 40th anniversary fundraising drive has come to a successful conclusion, we still welcome additional contributions. Please donate to the IPED Endowment Fund!
Events - Summer/Fall 2023
IPED CAREER DAYS on Occasional FRIDAYS, 10 am to 4 pm
Cammerosano Conference Room, Room E-530, Dealy Hall. Check the IPED Blog for details or contact the IPED Office at <[email protected]> for more information..
Wednesday, August 2 - JOIN US AT FOREIGN AFFAIRS' VIRTUAL GRADUATE SCHOOL FAIR!
Saturday, August 5 - Sunday, August 26 - STUDY TRIP TO SOUTH AFRICA: Program on Emerging Markets at the University of Pretoria.
Saturday, August 19 - GALA ALUMNI DINNER in SOUTH AFRICA celebrating 15 years of collaboration with the University of Pretoria.
Sunday, August 27 - IPED NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION, IPED Commons, 12 noon.
Wednesday, August 30 - FIRST DAY OF CLASSES
Wednesday, October 11 - JOINT US AT FOREIGN AFFAIRS' VIRTUAL GRADUATE FAIR!
Thursday, November 3 - ALUMNI GATHERING in Washington, DC.
Friday, November 17 - UN SIDE EVENT: Release of the 2023 Fordham Pope Francis Global Poverty Index
Saturday, January 6 -- 21, 2024 - TRIP TO THE PHILIPPINES - Study Program on Project Assessment at the Ateneo de Manila University.
Learning French Over The Summer In Grenoble, France
by Kendall Ogle For the summer semester of my graduate studies in International Political Economy and Development (IPED), I was lucky enough to be granted
Alexander Meyer’s French Language Immersion in Toulouse
By Alexander Meyer Thanks to generous funding from my Fordham Arrupe Fellowship, I became conversationally fluent in French! Over the summer, I used my funding
World Day of the Poor 2023
On Friday November 17, 2023, Fordham IPED co-hosted the Pope Francis’ World Day of the Poor with Caritas Internationalis and Catholic Relief Services at the
Fordham IPED’s 2023 South Africa – Emerging Markets Course
By Marian Hana In August 2023, I was among a group of ten students embarking on an exciting journey to South Africa.Eight of us were
Increasing Civic Engagement with Purpley
by Evan Osgood For my summer internship experience, I interned at a small nonprofit called Purplely,which seeks to increase civic engagement with local government. Local
Stephanie Galbraith’s Internship with the Foreign Agricultural Service
by Stephanie Galbraith This summer, I interned at the Foreign Agricultural Service in Washington, D.C. This summer, I was an intern with the Foreign Agricultural
Introducing The Faces Of Fordham IPED’s Class Of 2025
Attracting Talent from Around the Globe: Located in New York City and known for its academic excellence, Fordham University’s Master of Arts Program in International
Sanibonani, welcome to Nozipho Hlophe’s summer in Eswatini!
by Nozipho Hlophe Join me on this journey as I uncover the magic of Eswatini, one story at a time. I will take you through
Exploring Renewable Energy Opportunities with the Middle East Institute
by Fatema Alsaffar This Summer, I had the opportunity to volunteer with the Middle East Institute (MEI) onthe Energy and Economics Program. MEI is a
Lalash Segooa’s Summer Internship with UNDP in Suriname, Paramaribo
by Lalash Segooa Over the summer, I was stationed at the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Country Office in Suriname, Paramaribo. In this article I