Graduate Program in International Political Economy and Development
In the IPED Master of Arts, you will study Global Economic Relations from an advanced interdisciplinary perspective. Our students have won a variety of prestigious awards, including Fulbrights, Borens, and other international awards. They have also become Chartered Financial Analyst Scholars, and worked as U.S. Presidential Management Fellows and International Development Fellows. Our program's focus on an advanced interdisciplinary approach is based on a rigorous foundation of analytical skills and combined with practical field experiences.
- International Banking and Finance
- International Development Studies
- International and Development Economics
- Global Environmental and Resource Economics
- Finance and Development
Dual Degree Programs
- Careers: More information
- Private Sector: Financial Analysts and Economists
- Public Sector: Policy Analysts and Economists
- Non-Profit Sector: Analysts and Project Managers
- Fordham's IPED Program is an affiliate member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA).
- We partner with the Peace Corps to offer generous Coverdell Fellowships to Returned Peace Corps Volunteers.
- AmeriCorps has designated Fordham IPED as a National School of Service able to grant matching full tuition Ricci Fellowships to Segal Education Awardees.
- Fordham IPED welcomes Fullbright Fellows from around the world.
- We work closely with the Ateneo de Manila University, the University of Pretoria, and the Alberto Hurtado University to offer programming in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- Fordham's Departments of Economics, Political Science, and Sociology founded the IPED Program in 1979 through the generous financial support of the US Department of Education.
Thank You for Supporting the IPED Endowment Fund!
Thanks to your generous support we have more than a quarter of a million dollars in our IPED Endowment Fund. This fund enables our students to pursue internships, language immersion programs, and other field placements which provide invaluable learning experiences outside the classroom to support their career goals of becoming global changemakers. While our 40th anniversary fundraising drive has come to a successful conclusion, we still welcome additional contributions. Please donate to the IPED Endowment Fund!
2024 News and Events
IPED Career Days on Occasional Fridays, 10 am to 4 pm
Cammerosano Conference Room, Room E-530, Dealy Hall. Check the IPED Blog for details or contact the IPED Office at <[email protected]> for more information.
Saturday, January 6 - Sunday, January 21, 2024 - Trip to the Philippines - Study Program on Project Assessment at the Ateneo de Manila University.
Terra Collier’s Internship At The Belmont Business Improvement District (BID)
By Terra Collier I work at the Belmont Business Improvement District (BID). As one of many BIDs across the city, its mission is to promote
Nadine & Virginia’s Internship at The United Nations Development Programme
By Nadine Ramos & Virginia “Ginny” Scherer The United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) Global Programme on Nature for Development works to identify, showcase, and celebrate
Assessing environmental-based projects in the Philippines with Fordham IPED
By Genevieve Connell In January 2024, my classmates and I embarked on a two week program to evaluate and assess two environmental-based projects with a
The 2023 Winter Merienda: Congratulations to Fordham IPED Class of 2024
Every year, Fordham IPED celebrates the outgoing students during the annual Winter Merienda. Merienda, a Spanish term for snack, belies the intimate setting of the
A Special IPED Lecture with Ukranian Ambassador to the UN Sergiy Olehovych Kyslytsya
On October 18, 2023, Sergiy Olehovych Kyslytsya, Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations, spoke to the Fordham community about his experience as the
Fordham University and the University of Pretoria’s 2023 Emerging Markets and Country Risk Analysis Program
By Kagiso Stanley The 15th anniversary celebration of the esteemed Emerging Markets and Country Risk Analysis program, a collaborative endeavor between the distinguished Fordham University
Khutso Segooa’s Women and Public Policy Fellowship at Rockefeller College in Albany
By Khutso Segooa Over, the Spring Semester (January 2023 – June 2023) I was a Women and Public Policy Fellow with the Center for Women
A Summer of Growth and Discovery: My Language Immersion Journey in Montpellier
By Babalwa Nogwanya Discovering Montpellier Nestled in the heart of southern France, the charming city of Montpellier boasts a rich history, avibrant cultural scene, and
Learning French Over The Summer In Grenoble, France
by Kendall Ogle For the summer semester of my graduate studies in International Political Economy and Development (IPED), I was lucky enough to be granted
Alexander Meyer’s French Language Immersion in Toulouse
By Alexander Meyer Thanks to generous funding from my Fordham Arrupe Fellowship, I became conversationally fluent in French! Over the summer, I used my funding