Counseling and Psychological Services
Fordham's Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) is committed to supporting our students' mental and emotional health and well-being. In light of the University's suspension of all on-campus instruction and operations, CPS has implemented the following service changes:
- Beginning on 3/19/20 and until further notice, CPS has suspended all in person, face to face services at its Rose Hill, Lincoln Center and Westchester offices.
- Between the hours of 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday, CPS will be providing essential clinical services remotely by phone, Zoom, Doxy.Me, and/or WebEx. These services include initial screenings, crisis intervention, individual counseling, psychiatric evaluations, and medication management.
- To schedule an initial screening or crisis appointment, please call 718-817-3725 (RH and Westchester) or 212-636-6225 (LC).
- If you are currently receiving counseling or psychiatric services at CPS, your counselor will contact you directly to coordinate upcoming appointments.
- If you are experiencing a mental health emergency during our non-business hours, please contact 911 or go to your local emergency room.
- CPS encourages all students' to identify local mental health and emergency resources in their communities. For assistance with this, please contact 718-817-3725 (RH and Westchester) or 212-636-6225 (LC).
- For more information and guidance on recognizing and managing emotional or mental health distress related to COVID-19, please go to one of the following links:
Maintaining Structure & Motivation Workshops
Tuesday, April 14
Join us on Zoom!
Meeting ID: 991 069 616
Monday, April 20
This event is open to students from all Fordham University campuses.
Drop-in Mindfulness Workshops
Wednesdays: 2-3 pm
Meeting ID: 236 839 504
Thursdays: 1-2 pm
Meeting ID: 245 189 567
These events are open to students from all Fordham University campuses. Please note that drop in groups will be limited to 8 students at a time and will be closed within 10 minutes after its stated start time. If you are unable to join a group either because it was full or the time does not work for your schedule, please contact us at 212-636-6225 or 718-817-3725.
Fordham’s Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) is a comprehensive mental health center that is dedicated to promoting the emotional and psychological health and wellness of our students. At CPS, we recognize that University life can be stressful due to academic, financial, family, and social pressures. These stressors can sometimes contribute to or exacerbate more significant psychological problems, such as depression, anxiety, substance abuse, trauma, or difficulties with sleeping, eating, or attention.
CPS provides a range of services to help students address and cope more effectively with their stress and psychological concerns. No matter what challenges you are experiencing, our free and confidential services can help you better understand your difficulties, develop more self-awareness, and enhance your coping skills, academic performance, self-esteem, relationships, and overall well-being.