Medical Emergency or Ambulance Request
A seriously injured or ill person needs immediate and specialized care. You should never attempt to move a seriously injured person unless a life-threatening condition exists in the immediate area. Stay with the injured/ill person and either call the Department of Public Safety yourself or ask for someone else to do so (when possible) if it requires leaving the area. Summon help immediately by contacting the Department of Public Safety at the numbers below and/or call 911.
When reporting the medical emergency, provide the following information:
- Type of emergency
- Location of the victim
- Condition of the victim
- Any dangerous conditions
- Your identity and the identity of the victim (if known)
While waiting for emergency personnel:
- Provide first aid or CPR if you are trained and qualified to do so.
- Have someone stand by to flag down and direct the ambulance when it arrives.
When emergency personnel arrive:
- Wash any area on your body that has been exposed to another person's bodily fluids.
- Notify the emergency personnel of such exposure.
- Report the exposure to your supervisor (staff) or to the Student Health Center
Extension: 2222 or 5832
Phone: 718-817-2222 or 718-817-5832
Phone: 212-930-8888 or 212-636-6076
Phone: 914-367-3001 or 914-367-3333