In the event of any criminal activity:
- Do not confront or attempt to apprehend the perpetrator.
- Call the Department of Public Safety and/or 911 immediately.
When you have connected with the Department of Public Safety or 911, be prepared to provide as much information as possible:
- Where/what is happening (or happened)
- Description of weapon, if any
- Description of individual(s)-sex, race, height, weight, clothing
- Direction of individuals fleeing the scene-and how they were fleeing
- Vehicle used: make, color, plate number, direction of travel
- Provide a call-back number so that the Department of Public Safety or the policy dispatcher can reach you for additional information.
- Move to a safe, well-lit area and advise the dispatcher of your description and location.
- If safe, remain to direct the Department of Public Safety or police.
Department of Public Safety
718-817-2222 or 718-817-5832
Extension: 2222 or 5832
212-930-8888 or 212-636-6076
914-367-3001 or 914-367-3333