Apporto Virtual Lab
Apporto is a virtual computer lab that provides students and faculty access to the software applications normally found in a campus computer lab or classroom.
Go to Fordham.Apporto.com and login with your Fordham credentials; you may be asked for multi-factor authentication. Apporto can be accessed via any device. Google Chrome is recommended. No software download or installation is required.
Applications Apporto can access
Standard Virtual Desktop
- Browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox)
- Microsoft Office Professional (same application as found in library computers and labs)
- Microsoft SQL Server Express
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- MS Visual Studio 2019
- MS Visual Studio Code
- R and R Studio
- Sniffy Pro
GPU Virtual Desktop
- Adobe Creative Suite (log in using your Fordham email address)
Direct Launch Applications
The following applications have a limited amount of licenses available. These applications are first come first served. If you are not able to access the application due to no license being available, please try again later.
Adding additional software to the Virtual Computer Lab
Additional software can be added to Apporto provided the University owns a valid license for it and it is required by an instructor. Contact IT Customer Care to make a request and Fordham IT will review the possibility of adding the software to the Apporto Virtual Lab.
If you have a technical question about Apporto, you might find the answer in the Apporto User quick guide or by visiting Apporto's Help Center. If you have trouble connecting to Apporto on your network or for additional assistance, please contact IT Customer Care.
Recommended network connection and saving files
For an optimal experience with Apporto, make sure you have a high bandwidth Internet connection.
- A wired connection is preferred. WiFi connections may be used, but graphics-intensive applications such as Adobe Premiere may function with delays. Smartphone hotspots are not recommended.
- Save your work frequently, especially if your network connection is unreliable. Save your work to your desktop or documents folder on your hard drive. This will ensure access to those files even when your session is disrupted due to a poor network connection.
- Before you begin working with files in Apporto: If you're using Cloud Mounter to access files from cloud storage services such as OneDrive and Google Drive, copy or drag the files from Cloud Mounter to your desktop.