Cleaning and Sanitation for Returning to Campus
Each member of the University community is responsible for maintaining safe and hygienic conditions. The New York State Department of Health has issued the following directives:
- Cover your nose and mouth with an acceptable face covering.
- Properly store and, when necessary, discard PPE.
- Adhere to physical distancing instructions.
- Report symptoms of, or exposure to, COVID-19 through VitalCheck.
- Follow hand hygiene and cleaning and disinfection guidelines.
- Follow appropriate respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette.
Appropriate signage will be posted at all high-volume key locations on campus as a reminder to adhere to proper social distancing, use of facial coverings, and proper cleaning/hygiene.
Existing custodial support resources will provide all major sanitizing and cleaning services on a more frequent basis depending on the contact risks associated with the particular area.
Cleaning and sanitizing schedules for common, high touch, high-risk areas will be increased to twice per day. Contact surface treating technologies such as ultra-violet C and electrostatic equipment will be deployed throughout the campuses. The University will supply students, faculty, and staff with disinfecting wipes and access to hand sanitizers in classrooms and building entrances.