Fall Transfer Applicants
Incoming Fall Transfer Financial Aid Application Process:
Students who are U.S. Citizens or Eligible Non-Citizens are eligible to receive a financial aid package including federal*, state and institutional awards by April 15.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSS Profile to receive maximum consideration for all types of aid including Fordham grants and scholarships, if you have not yet done so.
- Make certain Fordham has your correct social security number on file and that you file both the FAFSA and CSS Profile using the name and number printed on your social security card.
- To be considered exclusively for federal aid, only the FAFSA is required.
- Financial aid is available to U.S. citizens and eligible non-citizens.
By April 1, 2019 Deadline
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. (School Code 002722)
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer 2017 federal tax information into your 2019-2020 FAFSA, if eligible.
- Submit the CSS Profile online. (School Code 2259)
- Input the 2017 tax data entered on the FAFSA to ensure consistency. Estimates of 2018 and 2019 income information will also be required.
- If your parents are divorced, separated, or were never married and they are not living together:
- Fordham University requires each biological parent to complete a CSS Profile. As you complete your profile, you can instruct the College Board to provide your noncustodial parent with instructions on how to complete a separate CSS Profile. A noncustodial parent is typically the parent the student lived with the least during the past year.
- Claim your account at my.fordham.edu to monitor the status of your financial aid application..
- Visit "Getting Online: Your AccessIT ID".
- Contact Fordham's Help Desk at 718-817-3999 if assistance is needed in claiming your account.
By April 1, 2019 and Continuously Thereafter
- Log onto Financial Aid Online to:
- Review letters and emails from Student Financial Services requesting additional information.
- Submit all requested information by April 10 via the secure upload portal.
- View any additional requests and check the status of documents submitted.
What to Expect as a Transfer Applicant
- If after review of the data submitted, additional information or clarification is needed, you will receive a letter from Fordham.
- Admitted applicants who complete the financial aid process by April 10 will receive notification of their financial aid award package mailed by April 15.
The Final Steps in Completing the Financial Aid Process:
- Once you submit your admission deposit, visit the Financial Aid Portal to accept awards online.
- Review requirements for borrowing Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans.
- Utilize the Fordham University Award Comparison Chart to assist you in comparing the Fordham University Financial Aid package to that of other universities.
- Eligibility for state, federal and institutional aid is determined by estimated family contribution, enrollment status, academic performance and availability of funds.
*To be considered for federal aid you only need to file a FAFSA.