School of Professional and Continuing Studies or Gabelli School of Business Evening Students
Financial Aid Renewal Philosophy
All attempts are made to renew aid at the previous year’s level provided the criteria, as well as all other requirements specific to the award are met. If you are currently receiving financial aid or scholarships from Fordham, you must apply for renewal of your aid each year. Please take the following steps by the specified date:
All awards are annual awards and require the filing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for renewal including but not limited to the following:
- Tuition Remission/Exchange
- All Federal Aid
- All State Aid
By June 1 or Two Weeks from Admission
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. (School Code 002722)
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer 2020 federal tax information into your FAFSA. If you are not eligible to use the DRT, use your 2019 IRS Tax Return to enter the income information manually.
- Sign your FAFSA using your FSA ID.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy, make corrections if necessary, make sure Fordham University is listed and review the messages for any items you may need to take action on.
- Students who wish to receive a financial aid package must submit the Enrollment Form providing their registration plans.
- New York State residents who attend Fordham University may be eligible for state assistance.
What to Expect: Next Steps
- All awards are subject to change upon verification of applicant data, change in educational plans, or notification of additional outside resources subsequent to the date of the award letter
- If you expect to receive outside aid or scholarships, you must inform the Office of Student Financial Services by June 1 or as soon as you are notified
- If you expect to receive tuition remission and/or employee reimbursement, you must inform the Office of Student Financial Services by June 1 or as soon as you are notified
- Accept, reduce or decline your awards online. To view and take action on your financial aid:
- Log into the financial aid portal and review the details under “Your Award Information"
- Click on “Menu” in the upper left corner.
- Read and accept the “Financial Aid Policies and Conditions”.
- Make a decision on each award and complete all required actions.
By June 15 and Continuously Thereafter:
- Confirm that the Office of Student Financial Services has received your FAFSA and other requested documents
- Review letters and emails from Student Financial Services requesting additional information
- Submit all requested information, within on week of notification, through our secure electronic upload portal.
Renewal of financial aid awards are subject to the following:
- Timely filing of the financial aid applications by the published deadline
- Availability of institutional funds at the time your application process becomes complete
- Continuing to demonstrate need for need based aid
- Maintenance of Satisfactory Academic Progress and required GPA’s
- Acceptance of the awards online within the time frame specified
Cost of Attendance
- We have projected a full Costs of Attendance (COA) including an average of additional expenses a student might incur.