At no cost to participants, the Fordham GenCyber camp will be a five-day virtual camp in summer 2021. Fordham’s 2021 GenCyber camp will be held virtually, due to COVID-19, from June 28-July 2nd. Instruction will be delivered by a team of professors, instructors, and guest speakers of varied backgrounds who have established expertise in cybersecurity teaching and research. The camp will provide engaging instruction, collaborative group activities, hands-on laboratory experiences, and informal instruction to both individuals and groups of participants. Upon completion of the camp, participants will have a strong understanding of cybersecurity essentials, in addition to mastering basic skills that will enable them to be aware of the best mobile security practices as well as general online safety. With direct mentoring and access to cybersecurity graduate students and professionals, students will additionally learn about cybersecurity pathways in both industry and formal education, and how to pursue a future in this field.
Under the leadership of Dr. Thaier Hayajneh, Director of Fordham Center of Cybersecurity (FCC), Fordham has been awarded funding to run the GenCyber program in the summer of 2021. The camp is open to middle and high school students. It will address essential security concepts with a concentration on mobile device security through informative lessons, and hands-on, collaborative activities, to strengthen interest in cybersecurity among middle and high school students in New York and beyond.
Student Camp Details
- The camp is offered at no cost to students.
- Beginners welcomed! No previous experience is necessary
- The camp will be offered online; participants will join using their own computers.
- Instruction and mentorship from Fordham faculty, graduate students, and security experts.
- Valuable knowledge, skills, and education and career direction that prepare students to pursue a promising and growing in-demand career field.
- Students must be in the 7th grade or higher in Fall 2021 to be eligible to apply
- Application deadline is on May 30, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. ET
- Camp daily schedule will be from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Selected students must confirm participation and commit to attend the entire camp
If you have any questions, please send an email to [email protected]
Or, contact the grant principal investigator:
Director, Fordham Center of Cybersecurity