CIS Open Faculty Positions
Department of Computer and Information Sciences - Full-time Lecturer position and multiple Adjunct positions
The Department of Computer and Information Sciences offers undergraduate programs at Fordham’s Rose Hill campus in the Bronx and Lincoln Center campus in Manhattan, and offers graduate degrees in Computer Science, Data Science, and Cybersecurity at its Lincoln Center campus.
- The lecturer position is a fully benefitted position. The position requires a M.S. or higher in Computer Science or related fields, a commitment to teaching excellence, and good communication skills.
- The per-semester adjunct position teaches up to two courses per semester. The positions require a M.S. in Computer Science or related fields, or B.S. with relevant industrial or teaching experience.
All graduate courses and some undergraduate courses are offered in the evening and meet once a week. All classes are capped at thirty.
All applications should include a cover letter with qualifications, the curriculum vitae, and optionally materials such as contact information for one to three references, previous teaching materials and teaching evaluations. For application or inquiries of these positions, contact Xiaolan Zhang, PhD at: xzhang (at) fordham.edu.
Fordham is an independent, Catholic University in the Jesuit tradition committed to excellence through diversity. Fordham is an equal opportunity employer, and we especially encourage women, people of color, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
- CISC 1100 , Structures of computer science
- CISC 1400, Discrete Structures
- CISC 1600/1610, Computer Science I and lab
- CISC 2100/2110, Discrete Structures II and Lab
- CISC 2200, Data Structures
- CISC 2350, Info and Web Programming
- CISC 2500, Info and Data Management
- CISC 2540, Intro to Video Game design
- CISC 3300, Internet and Web Programming
- CISC 4001, Computer and Robots in Film
- CISC 4631, Data Mining
- CISC 4650, Cyberspace and Ethics
- CISC 5835, Algorithm for Data Science
- CISC 5800, Machine Learning