Fall Semester Admission
Deadline is June 1. Decisions released on a rolling basis after March 1.
Spring Semester Admission
Deadline is November 1. Decisions released on a rolling basis after November 1.
The review of transfer applicants will commence in late October (for spring admission) or late March (for fall admission). Offers of admission will be made on a rolling basis once the review of applicants has commenced.
Transfer Application Requirements
- Common Application and $70 application fee
- Final High School Transcript (including last semester grades and date of graduation)
- Official College Transcripts (from every college/university attended after high school graduation)
- College Report: This required form can be found under the “Recommenders and FERPA” section in the Common Application. Applicants should download the form and present it to their current academic advisor, dean or other qualified campus official for completion. The purpose of this form is to confirm an applicant’s academic and behavioral standing. A letter of good standing is equivalent to the College Report and can serve as a substitute.
- Mid-Term Report: This required form can be found under the “Recommenders and FERPA” section in the Common Application. Applicants should download the form and present it to their professors after mid-terms for completion. The purpose of this form is to provide further evidence of academic progress.
- Standardized Test Scores (SAT or ACT with writing)*
- *Note: Not required if you have completed more than 1 year of full-time college coursework or approximately 30 credit hours.
Students can request housing as part of the application. A limited number of housing spaces are available for transfer students at each campus and priority goes to students who enroll first. Students applying as transfer students should begin exploring alternative housing options PRIOR to an offer of admission.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
If accepted to Fordham University, transfer applicants will receive a transfer credit evaluation which outlines what previous coursework is being considered for credit at Fordham University. Generally, Fordham University gives credit for courses of three credits or more, with a result of C or better and for which Fordham offers a course equivalent. Fordham University may transfer up to a maximum of 60 credits (approximately two years of study) from other institutions.