The University Information Security Office (UISO) is responsible for the overall direction of information security functions relating to Fordham University. Subscribe to our blog, Fordham SecureIT, follow us on Twitter (@FordhamSecureIT), and like our Facebook Page, for updates on recent phishing activity and other security issues affecting the Fordham community.
Contact the UISO directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Risk management is everyone's responsibility. Lower your risk by taking our free, self-paced online Cyber Security Awareness training. It can be found under "My Courses" in Blackboard, accessed at fordham.blackboard.com.Ransomware: Online Security Threat Spotlight
Report a Security Incident
To report an IT security incident, please contact IT Customer Care or select Information Technology via the Fordham University Integrity Hotline.
UISO Key Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain security architecture
- Oversee IT Security-related risk management
- Security of enterprise-wide applications
- Promote quality and integrity, and build a culture of information security throughout the University
- Develop information security policies
- Educate the University concerning the implications of legislative requirements
- Identify security goals and objectives
- Work with the University Physical Safety and Security Office to enhance the University’s physical security
- Work with University General Counsel in maintaining privacy within the University for faculty, students and staff.
- Work with University-wide Information Security Advisory Board to provide guidance and advocacy on information security standards and security investments.
UISO Key Services
- Vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, forensics, and code analysis
- User security awareness
- Security access requests
- Security implementations
- Compliance monitoring
- Network traffic security monitoring
Follow Us on Facebook