LLM Fast Facts
Nine LLM Specializations
Dynamic Student Community
- The LLM class typically has about 150 students entering in the fall and 35 entering in the spring.
- Each year, the LLM program has students from about 40 countries from around the world.
- LLM students are immersed in the life of the law school and hold leadership positions in student organizations, including the Student Bar Association.
Specialized Curriculum and Training for Foreign-Trained Students
- The Introduction to the U.S. Legal System course, offered intensively throughout the orientation period, eases the transition to U.S. law study.
- The Academic Enrichment Program offers a series of seminars that help students succeed in their LLM studies.
- Special courses designed for international LLM students introduce subjects that are taught on the New York bar examination.
- All of our LLM programs of study are designed to meet the requirements of the "cure" provision (Rules 520.6(b)(1)(ii) and 520.6(b)(2)) for students intending to sit for the New York bar examination.
Outstanding and Accessible Faculty and Staff
- The Fordham Law faculty features some of the country's most prominent legal scholars who are also highly committed to teaching and mentoring.
- Adjunct faculty members are among New York City's leading practitioners, government officials, and business executives.
- LLM students receive individualized attention from a devoted and caring staff.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
- LLM students are eligible to participate in the LLM Externship Program.
- LLM students may apply to take part in one of Fordham's many law clinics.
- Drafting and skills courses offer additional opportunities for practical training.
Comprehensive Career Advising
- Personalized attention through one-on-one career counseling is the hallmark of our Graduate Professional Development Program.
- Students gain access to a wealth of print materials, videos, seminars, and online resources.
- International LLM students are eligible to participate in the International Student Interview Program, which attracts hundreds of employers from around the world.