Transfer Equivalency Self-Service (TESS) is a tool designed to help prospective transfer students determine how their transfer credits may be accepted at Fordham and how those credits may apply toward an intended degree.
Step 1: Create an Account so that you can save your preliminary degree audit and return to it at a later date to update your selections. Only prospective transfer students should create an account. If you are a counselor, parent, or other community member, please utilize the ‘Continue without signing in’ option.
Step 2: Answer a few questions about when you wish to transfer and what your intended major is.
- Enrollment Dates: Select the term in which you plan to enter Fordham
- Intended Level: Select Undergraduate
- Intended Degree: Select either Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, or Bachelor of Science
- If your intended college is Fordham College at Lincoln Center, you may select BA, BFA, or BS
- If your intended college is Fordham College at Rose Hill, you may select BA or BS
- If your intended college is the Gabelli School of Business, please select BS
- Intended College: Depending on your Intended Degree, select either Fordham College at Lincoln Center, Fordham College at Rose Hill, or the Gabelli School of Business
- Intended Major: Select the major you plan to pursue
- Intended Concentration: Select if you plan to pursue a major in Business Administration or Global Business in the Gabelli School of Business. Otherwise, select ‘None’
- Intended Minor: Select a minor you plan to pursue. This is an optional field.
Step 3: Select your institution and class information
- Search for the name of your college/university. Search for ‘Advanced Placement’ if you wish to add AP scores.
- Select the course you have completed or will complete. For each course, you will be required to enter the term you wish to enroll at Fordham, number of credit hours received/expected, final grade received/expected, and the type of credits earned (semester, trimester, or quarter hours).
- Select ‘Add another class from this school’ or select ‘Proceed’.
- Repeat this step so that courses from all institutions you have previously attended or currently attend are included.
At this time, we are able to provide transfer credit information for a limited number of institutions. If your institution is not listed, or if you cannot find a specific class in the database, you will find out how your credits transfer after you have applied and been admitted. Additional institutions and classes are regularly added to the transfer database.
Step 4: Review your preliminary transfer credit evaluation and degree audit
- The results page will indicate how your courses will be accepted for transfer credit and how these courses will apply toward your intended degree.
- Download and save the PDF of your degree audit. If you are admitted as a transfer student, you may provide this document to the transfer dean.
- If you have created an account, save your work by clicking on the disk icon in the top right hand corner of the website.
Please note that the preliminary transfer credit evaluation and degree audit is not official. The degree audit should be used as a guide to help you understand how your courses taken at previous institutions may transfer to Fordham and apply toward your degree requirements. Official transfer credit evaluations are not completed until you have been admitted and have submitted official transcripts. At the time of admission, you will be connected with an academic transfer dean who can assist you in this process. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.