Skip to main content

Members of the University community should respond to the daily VitalCheck prompt at least 30 minutes prior to entering campus.

International Transfer Students

Join Us Online!

The Office of Undergraduate Admission is ready to answer your questions and help with the college selection process.

Reach Us Via Email

  • If you are a US citizen or permanent resident, please contact Robyn Winstanley, Associate Director of Transfer Admission, at
  • If you are an international student, please contact Steven DelVecchio, Associate Director for International Admission, at

Reach Us Via Phone
Since our team is working remotely, phone calls may not be the quickest way to reach us; however, we do have a rotation of team members ready to answer urgent phone inquiries at 1-800-FORDHAM.

Sending Documents
We strongly advise you to send documents to us electronically as there will be a delay in processing paper documents. Please send materials to


General Transfer Information

All interested students should review comprehensive information about the transfer application process before proceeding.

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester (August) Admission

November 1 - Common Application Open for Submission
March 15 - Decision Notification begins on a rolling basis
June 1 - Application Deadline

*Due to capacity challenges, we are no longer able to offer on campus housing to transfer students who request this for Fall 2021 entry. If admitted, you will have the option to join the Office of Residential Life housing waitlist form.

Spring Semester (January) Admission

August 1 - Common Application Open for Submission
October 15 - Decision Notification begins on a rolling basis
November 1 - Application Deadline

Application Requirements

  • Common Application with essay

  • $70 Application Fee

  • Official College/University Transcripts
    • In the Common Application, under the Academic History, Colleges Attended section, please click the "Download Transcript Request Form" button and follow the printed instructions.
    • Must be submitted from every college/university attended, even if you were a non-matriculated or a part-time student.
    • Students who have completed international university coursework must have their transcript evaluated by World Education Services (WES) to be considered for potential transfer credit. Evaluations are not required for international institutions accredited by a United States regional accrediting organization.
    • Update: If you currently attend an institution that is closed, or has moved to online instruction due to COVID-19, please contact your institution to determine if they can send us your official college transcript electronically. This may be sent to If your institution is unable to send electronic transcripts, please email us your unofficial college transcript at All students who are admitted and enroll at Fordham must submit an official college transcript for each institution attended prior to the start of classes.
  • Unofficial High School Transcript
    • Uploaded by the applicant via the Common Application.

    • Must include date of high school graduation/ secondary school completion.

    • National or external examination results are also required if used as a university entrance qualification in home country.

    • All students who are admitted and enrolling at Fordham must request an official final high school transcript to be submitted directly by a school official to Fordham prior to the start of classes.
  • English language proficiency exam results
    • International students whose first language is not English must demonstrate their proficiency through English Language Proficiency test results:
    • International students who are not submitting required TOEFL or IELTS results must complete the English Language Proficiency Test Waiver Request Form linked within the online applicant portal after an application has been officially submitted. 

    • Applicants who live in the New York City area can alternatively take Fordham’s 2.5 hour ESL placement evaluation (FELT) at the Institute of American Language and Culture. Email or call +1-212-636-6353 to verify hours of operation and make an appointment.

    • For more information about submitting TOEFL and IELTS results while on-site testing centers are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit this FAQ page

  • Professor/faculty letter of recommendation

  • Transfer College Report
    • Accessible from the Common Application for completion by a current academic advisor, dean or other qualified campus official. This form confirms an applicant’s current academic and behavioral standing.
    • A letter of good standing is equivalent to the College Report and can serve as a substitute
    • Update: If you currently attend an institution that is closed, or has moved to online instruction due to COVID-19, please contact your school administrator via email and request that they complete the Transfer College Report electronically. This form is now available as an editable pdf at Please download the pdf, electronically complete your portion as the student, save it, and send it via email to your school administrator. Your institution may complete the remainder of the form and then email it to us at Please be advised that this must be sent to us via a school administrator email.
    Mid-Term Report
    • Accessible from the Common Application for completion by all current professors after mid-term results are available. This form demonstrates further evidence of current academic progress.
    • If you are not enrolled in classes for the current semester, the Mid-Term report is waived.
  • Gabelli School of Business
    • All students applying to the Gabelli School of Business must familiarize themselves with the unique curriculum recommendations for transfer admission here.
  • Theatre and Dance
    • Please review the special application procedures for prospective students in dance or theatre.

Transfer Student Eligibility

Second Degree Seekers

Students who have successfully completed the equivalent of a United States secondary school education and who have enrolled in any university level coursework at another institution either in the United States or abroad must apply for transfer admission.

Those who have received the equivalent of a United States bachelor's degree and are seeking a second degree (even if in a very different field of study) are recommended to apply to a Fordham University graduate degree program or in some cases to our undergraduate School of Professional and Continuing Studies. Second degree seekers should generally not apply to the traditional undergraduate colleges at Fordham University.

Post-Secondary Students

Any applicant who graduated from high school or received a high school equivalency diploma, who completed or will complete coursework at a 2 or 4 year regionally accredited college or university at the time of application, and who intends to enroll full-time (15 credit hours per semester) in one of Fordham’s three undergraduate colleges to pursue a bachelors degree qualifies as a transfer applicant. A student must meet all of these criteria to be considered a transfer applicant.

Any student who earns college credit after completing a secondary school diploma is considered a transfer student, regardless of the number of credits completed. Both matriculated and non-matriculated students who earn credit will be considered a transfer. If you have audited a class or completed non credit coursework, then you may be considered an incoming first year student. Typically, students who complete language intensive classes, who do not earn credit, are considered an incoming first year student.

Students who begin their studies at a college or university and withdraw prior to earning credit must contact the Office of Admission via email at to confirm their status. In order to be considered as a first year, a student must withdraw prior to the add/drop date at the institution they attended and provide official documentation (college transcript, withdrawal form) indicating the date of their withdrawal. In addition, to be considered a first year, the student must not have had any financial aid disbursed from the federal government while at the college or university that he or she attended.

The Office of Admission will exercise professional judgment and consider each student’s circumstances to ensure that, regardless of status (first year or transfer), the best interest of the student’s needs are met related to enrollment.

After Application Submission

Please review more information about what you can expect after you submit your application

Transferring Credits

Accepted students will receive a comprehensive transfer credit evaluation after admission from their Transfer Dean outlining what previous coursework is being considered for credit at Fordham University. Generally, transfer credit may be awarded for courses of three or more credits, with a grade of C or better and for which Fordham offers a course equivalent. A maximum of 60 credits (approximately two years of full-time study) from other institutions can be accepted.

All undergraduate students are required to complete the Core Curriculum and specific academic major requirements to graduate with a Fordham degree. Students applying from international universities where their tertiary education has been focused on a single subject area should keep in mind that undergraduate transfer to Fordham University will require completion of a number of liberal arts and sciences courses. This may necessitate additional semesters or years of study.

Enrollment Process

Your next steps for enrollment at Fordham after admission.

F-1 Student Visa Requirements

If you require Fordham sponsorship for an F-1 student visa, you must submit a completed Application for Certificate of Financial Eligibility (AFCOE), supporting financial/bank statements showing your ability to fund your study at Fordham and the data/photo page of your current passport. We encourage you to submit these documents at the time of your application. The documents can be emailed to

Enrolling students currently in F-1 status must have their SEVIS records transferred to Fordham University. Please complete the top portion of the Transfer Form and have the remaining section completed by your current institution's Office of International Services.