Visa Process

Fordham can assist admitted students in applying for an F-1 student visa at a United States Embassy or Consulate outside of the United States of America.

To apply for an F-1 student visa, you must have:

  • an acceptance letter from Fordham University
  • a Fordham I-20 document

To obtain a I-20 document, you must provide:

We strongly encourage you to submit your completed Application for Certificate of Eligibility (AFCOE), supporting bank statement and passport copy with your application materials. Please send by email to [email protected] when available.

International Students Currently in the United States

Students in the United States currently in F-1 visa status also need to submit a transfer form completed by your current designated school official (DSO) in order to transfer your SEVIS record to Fordham University.

Students in the United States in a different (non-student) visa status, may be able to maintain their current status while pursuing full-time study at Fordham or may be able to obtain an F-1 student visa. Contact undergraduate International Admission at Fordham at [email protected] with specific questions.