Transfer Credits (AP/IB)

Advanced Placement (AP) Credit

Students who receive a score of 4 or 5 on the following AP examinations may be awarded 3 non-major elective credits. Learn more about Advanced Placement (AP) credit.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Credit

Students who receive a score of 5, 6 or 7 on Higher Level International Baccalaureate (IB) exams may receive university credit. Learn more about International Baccalaureate (IB) credit.

College Course Work

Credit is awarded for college courses taken while in high school only if the following requirements are met:

  • You were a student enrolled in a college.
  • There were other college students in the class.
  • The course was taken on the college’s campus.
  • You were taught by a member of the college’s teaching staff.
  • The course was at least three credits and would be credited toward a degree at that college or university.
  • The grade you earned must be at least one level above minimum passing grade for the course, (e.g., C).
  • The college course you took was not used to fulfill high school graduation requirements, including course count.
  • The course is similar in content to a course given at Fordham.
  • The maximum number of transferable credits is sixty (60).

In order to consider your coursework for transfer credits, Fordham must review a copy of your transcript and a letter, from either the Dean or the Registrar’s Office, confirming your enrollment at the college. Please forward this letter to the Dean's office of your college or school at Fordham University. If your courses are listed on your high school transcript, we must receive a letter from your high school counselor or principal confirming that the courses meet the conditions above.

Please review the full policy in the Fordham University Bulletin or consult with your academic advisor.