A) Sign up for Microsoft Office 365 Online
- Go to your Student or Employee tab at My.Fordham.edu
- In the channel “Microsoft Office Online Account Sign Up,” click on the link and follow the prompts. After you opt in, a confirmation will be sent to your Fordham email.
B) Access Microsoft Office 365 to download or use online
For quick access to all MS Office 365 apps, click on the blue "O365" icon on the banner at My.Fordham.
Or, go to the My Apps tab, find the channel for Microsoft Office 365, click on the link, and follow the prompts to access online.
Faculty and students have the option of downloading a copy to their computer by going to the MS Office channel on the My Apps tab at My.Fordham. Everyone is encouraged, however, to use the online version.
If you are planning to download Office and your Windows device has an existing installation of Office that was not acquired from Fordham, you may need to uninstall the program before downloading a new version. Find out if you need to do so by calling IT Customer Care.
If your Windows device has an existing installation of Office that was not acquired from Fordham, you may need to uninstall the program before downloading a new version. Find out if you need to do so by following these steps:
- In your Student or Faculty tab at My.Fordham, go to the Microsoft Office 365 channel and click on the link.
- Click on "Other installs," in the upper right-hand corner. The new window that appears will recommend which version of Office to download.
- Click on "Review system requirements." In the new window that appears, follow the prompts for setting up your computer for the installation. If Office needs to be uninstalled first, instructions will appear for doing so.
Do not download MS Office to a University-issued computer.