Fordham University provides free Microsoft Office 365! Current students, faculty and staff are eligible to opt-in for the online version or they may download up to 5 copies of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Access (PC only) to their personal Mac or PC, as well as their mobile devices. For installs on mobile devices, follow the links to download to mobile Apple devices and Android devices.
Improve your skills with Offce and other Microsoft tools by taking courses at Microsoft Imagine Academy also available in "My Apps."
Do not download Microsoft Office resources to any University-owned device.
To get your Microsoft Office 365 follow these two steps:
A) Sign up for Microsoft Office 365 Online
- Go to your Student or Employee tab at My.Fordham.edu
- In the channel “Microsoft Office Online Account Sign Up,” click on the link and follow the prompts. After you opt in, a confirmation will be sent to your Fordham email.
B) Access Microsoft Office 365 to download or use online
- Go to your Student, Faculty, or Employee tab at My.Fordham.edu.
- In the “My Apps” section, go to the channel for Microsoft Office 365, click on the link, and follow the prompts. You will have the choice of using Microsoft Office online or to download a copy for your personal computer.
If your Windows device has an existing installation of Office, you may need to uninstall the program before downloading a new version. Find out if you need to do so by following these steps:
- In your Student, Faculty or Employee tab at My.Fordham, go to the Microsoft Office 365 channel and click on the link.
- Click on "Other installs," in the upper right-hand corner. The new window that appears will recommend which version of Office to download.
- Click on "Review system requirements." In the new window that appears, follow the prompts for setting up your computer for the installation. If Office needs to be uninstalled first, instructions will appear for doing so.
Microsoft Office includes the following resources:
Access (Windows only) Tables, queries, forms, reports and more enable you to build databases and web apps. MS support for Access.
Excel (Mac and Windows) Create spreadsheets and workbooks. MS support for Excel.
OneDrive (available with Microsoft Office Online) Free online storage. Sync, share, and save your Office files and access them across all your devices. MS support for OneDrive. If you use OneDrive to save Fordham data, please consult the data classification guidelines and Fordham University’s Data Classification Policy. The policy applies to all data produced, collected, stored, or used by University employees, student workers, consultants and agents during their relationship with the University.
OneNote (Mac and Windows, requires OneDrive, which can be accessed via Microsoft Office Online) Create notebooks online and access them from any device. Use OneDrive to take notes, create to-do lists, and collaborate. MS support for OneNote.
Outlook (Mac and Windows) A personal information manager for email (Visit fordham.edu/email for instructions on how to configure Outlook with Fordham Gmail. ), tasks, contacts. Outlook also includes a calendar and a place for note-taking. MS support for Outlook.
PowerPoint (Mac and Windows) Create presentations and slide shows. MS support for PowerPoint.
Publisher (Mac and Windows) Essential tools for entry-level desktop publishing. MS support for Publisher.
Skype (Windows only) Participate in video and web conferencing, and IM chats. MS support for Skype.
Word (Mac and Windows) Create text-based documents. Graphics, tables, shapes, and other desktop publishing features included. MS support for Word.
If you have questions, contact IT Customer Care.